Lim considered quitting after 4th round

Hyun Gyu Lim fought through a brutal five rounds to lose a decision to Tarec Saffiedine at the UFC Fight Night 34. Lim was batterd with leg kicks in the early rounds, but fought through the pain to hold out for a decision. He did however consider not coming out for the last round:

After three rounds, his corner implored him to give it another five minutes. And after the fourth, Lim considered calling it a day.

“At the end of the fourth round, there was some conversation to that effect,” Lim told MMAjunkie through a translator at the post-event news conference for UFC Fight Night 34.

But the South Korean knew what was at stake in the top-billed fight of the UFC’s debut in Singapore, which took place at Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre. The show was the first event to stream on the UFC’s new Fight Pass digital network.

“This was an absolute golden opportunity for me to be featured in a main event,” Lim said. “As part of the main event, I wanted to put on the best possible performance. That was my No. 1 goal, and probably the only goal I had. I feel I accomplished that goal.”

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Jaco Sugafly Athletics Team Hoodie

Jaco Sugafly Athletics Team Hoodie

JAKKS Pacific Series 1 Evan Tanner Action Figure

JAKKS Pacific Series 1 Evan Tanner Action Figure

time traveling 12er site profile image

1/6/14 2:25 AM by time traveling 12er

Head movement, jab work, and a leg check training will do him wonders.  I'm a fan and looking forwards to his next fight.  Lots of room to grow.

Happiness Bunny site profile image

1/6/14 1:15 AM by Happiness Bunny

As others have stated he is arrogant. I fully agree. Terec son'd him. His striking looks kinda sloppy, really looping punches and he flails too much. If he gets a decent boxing coach it would help him leaps and bounds.

Mertvaya Ruka site profile image

1/6/14 1:03 AM by Mertvaya Ruka

pity barely anyone caught this fight. Lim probably would have gotten more exposure on a facebook fight.

Easytarget site profile image

1/6/14 12:43 AM by Easytarget

He seems arrogant to me as well, much respect for his efforts in the last two rounds, was a great fight.

daba site profile image

1/6/14 12:42 AM by daba

That lead leg of his got eaten alive. In the first round he looked pretty good but those leg kicks really took a toll in the second round

Flexo site profile image

1/6/14 12:40 AM by Flexo

His Kaioken attack saved him.

FedorEmilioEstevez site profile image

1/5/14 10:50 PM by FedorEmilioEstevez

There's been more praise for Lim than Tarec - heart matters

sadisticsoldier site profile image

1/5/14 9:20 PM by sadisticsoldier

He was so close to winning in the 5th. I didn't think he had it in him. What a moment. I'd like to see him work on his jab, leg kicks, leg kick checks (obviously) and his clinch game some more. I really think he could take out anyone in the division with a double collar tie and some power knees to the body.

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap site profile image

1/4/14 5:15 PM by IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap

What a bad ass. Gained a new fan in me for sure!!

ChucoV site profile image

1/4/14 5:12 PM by ChucoV

No doubt about it. He just needs to tighten up his technique for the top ten.