Shamrock now working as body guard for 50 cent

UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock, 59, was part of the personal security detail for rapper and business mogul Fifty Cent, at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week.

Adam Beltran @_betrayer
@arielhelwani at CES 2day, I saw Ken Shamrock working as a body guard for 50 Cent.

Shawn Steinberg @ShakedownShawn
@arielhelwani @ShamrockKen @_betrayer Times is Hard... Just playin that's a great gig!!

Ken Shamrock @ShamrockKen
@ShakedownShawn @arielhelwani @_betrayer - yes I'm working with 50 cent doing his personal bodyguarding.

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani
@ShamrockKen since when?

Ken Shamrock ‏@ShamrockKen
@arielhelwani - Pro-tectGlobal hired me to work with them. We secure areas for high end clients. Thank you.

Ken Shamrock @ShamrockKen
@50cent - it's been a pleasure working with you and your team, you are by far one of the classiest gents I have ever worked with. God bless

PRO-TECT Global is a Las Vegas based security company founded in 1979 by Leslie Bruno.

The comany describes itself as:
A 100% Woman Owned Small Business that offers State, Local and Federal Nationwide Armed Prisoner Transportation Services, Airport Security Services, Armed and Unarmed Security Guard Services, Executive / Corporate Protection, Justice, Public Order and Safety Activities, Professional and Management Development Training, Technical Consulting Services, Technical and IT Security Services, Emergency Rescue / Evacuation services, Drones and other remote sensing equipment and other related support services.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Submission BJJ Belt

Submission BJJ Belt

TapouT Infant Girls Logo Socks 2-Pack

TapouT Infant Girls Logo Socks 2-Pack

tags: Ken Shamrock (detail)  50 Cent   CES

onepunchJD site profile image

1/12/14 12:48 AM by onepunchJD

Pretty sure editing had something to do with that. Regardless, Ken was an awesome coach.

MisterFixit site profile image

1/11/14 12:04 PM by MisterFixit

"Personally, I wonder why Ken doesn't focus on teaching. He is an excellent trainer of fighters, and founded the first true high-level MMA camp in the US. The success of the early Lions Den speaks for itself, and Ken did that. He has a wealth of MMA experience plus a big name. He should be making a killing as a teacher. "He didnt do himself any favors by taking the TUFF gig. He came off looking horrible as a coach.

OiKing site profile image

1/11/14 10:52 AM by OiKing

I take it the Lions Den school in Reno is closed?

theshooter site profile image

1/11/14 9:34 AM by theshooter

This kind of reminds me of when Gary Coleman was working as a security guard.

LSDave site profile image

1/11/14 3:28 AM by LSDave

4/10, but you get a 10/10 for effort. :)

XxLiveBaitxX site profile image

1/11/14 12:35 AM by XxLiveBaitxX

"People, step away from Fiddy, or I will beat you into a living Def Jam!!!"

theshooter site profile image

1/11/14 12:11 AM by theshooter

It is a sign that Ken Shamrock is hard up for money. Sad.

rkm456 site profile image

1/10/14 11:47 PM by rkm456

Good for him for being active whether it's because he needs money, or if it's just because he's trying to keep active. But I feel like if I had enough cash to hire a body guard, I'd spring to buy him a suit that fit the guy properly. Step your game up fiddy.

onepunchJD site profile image

1/10/14 11:20 PM by onepunchJD

He still has all the relevant skills, and would bring in specialists to fill in the gaps. Most trainers do this anyways.Ken kept learning after his body gave out. Eric Paulson had nothing but good things to say about Ken in training. Ken's experience and qualities as a motivator who can push guys and bring out the best in them would provide the foundation. Specialist assistant coaches would be there to provide detailed technique.I wouldn't under-rate Ken's ability when it comes to modern MMA.

jpm995 site profile image

1/10/14 10:45 PM by jpm995

The problem with him teaching is he's too old school and mma is so much more technical now. I would think personal trainer/self defense would be a better way to go.