GSP: There is a chance I will come back

Georges St-Pierre has been mostly quiet in the media since a press conference to announce his hiatus from the UFC, but today made a public appearance and commented on his status:

Most of the customers in the packed venue couldn't hear the question, so GSP -- who was late due to airline delays out of Montreal -- repeated it on the P.A..

"She asked if I'm coming back to UFC?"

Then he answered it.

"I'm taking a break now," he began.

"Because I'm an obsessive guy, I give myself a challenge which automatically will mean me working on it to obtain it. So right now I take a break. I don't give myself any preference, you know. There is a chance I will come back."

In a curtained off VIP-area where St. Pierre was made available for exclusive interviews with Global TV and your correspondent, he elaborated.

"I just took a break. I spent Christmas time and New Years, with my family. That's something I haven't done for a long time. This is the first time I've really had nothing on my schedule. It was perfect. It was fun. It's the first time it felt so good.

Hayabusa Limited Edition Georges St. Pierre 16oz Gloves

Hayabusa Limited Edition Georges St. Pierre 16oz Gloves

Affliction GSP Team St. Pierre Shirt

Affliction GSP Team St. Pierre Shirt

GarlicSauce site profile image

1/14/14 11:29 AM by GarlicSauce

There's nothing I'd love more than to see GSP return.But he's too good for a bunch of lying, cheating POS's like Zuffa and its scummy management. He deserves a better organization.

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh site profile image

1/14/14 11:18 AM by ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh

Someone seems mad that Anderson got sparked twice and GSP left with the belt

donkypunch55 site profile image

1/14/14 4:40 AM by donkypunch55

Lol, for real.That's just hateful.

Affliction Blackbelt site profile image

1/14/14 2:09 AM by Affliction Blackbelt

Its okay friend, sometimes on the UG you lose a SN bet. Life is tough and we all learn to deal with that sadness. But you have to be strong and take charge of your emotions. Be brave and face the world, even after GSP has greased your butthole. You need to take a stand and let your voice be heard. So when you're ready to open up more I'm sure Ellen Degeneres would love to hear your story. Just remember, there are people you can talk to.

MMA Lives Here site profile image

1/14/14 1:01 AM by MMA Lives Here

No it's not, champ. It's post-HendricksDamn you'd think people who post on here would be able to recognise these things.

GSP_GREASED_MY_BUTTHOLE site profile image

1/13/14 9:26 PM by GSP_GREASED_MY_BUTTHOLE

I hope he never comes back I'm tired of being bored to death by his fights, and judges scoring for him no matter what happens.

epwar site profile image

1/13/14 6:09 PM by epwar

That's what happens when your top star wants better drug testing and the President of the company laughs at him and says, "Yeah, good luck with that."

Mark Hunts Pet Monkey site profile image

1/13/14 6:02 PM by Mark Hunts Pet Monkey

None of the above means he has a need to come back. You are confusing the fans' desire with his personal desire.Sure there is always more money to be made, but he is in a position to say, I can now sustain my capital without having to fight. And as we all know from various interviews with his coach as well as GSP himself, he enjoys training a lot more than fighting, so he probably has very little inclination and absolutely no need to come back.

UGCTT_EnderTL site profile image

1/13/14 1:06 PM by UGCTT_EnderTL

This is exactly why they used that pic. So mental midgets would turn this into a Johnny/GSP thread and get more clicks.Congrats. Keep chasing that carrot.

Tao site profile image

1/13/14 1:02 PM by Tao

He has a very big seven figure reason to come back. He's one of the biggest PPV draws. After a hiatus, everyone will watch to see what his break did for him and want to see him fight after going so long without a GSP fight. A fight with Nick Diaz, Chris Weidman or Anderson Silva would do HUGE numbers.