Glover Teixeira hoping for first round KO of Jon Jones

Glover Teixeira earned a UFC light heavyweight title shot with an impressive 5-0 run with three first round stoppages, and hopes to win the title the same way.

Undefeated over the last 20 bouts, Teixeira promises to be ready to go five rounds against the light heavyweight kingpin on April 26 at the Baltimore Arena in Baltimore, Md.

"In a perfect world, I’ll win via first-round knockout," Teixeira told MMAFighting.com. "But I believe it’s going to be a tough fight. Jon Jones is an excellent fighter, so I expect a tough bout. I will be ready for five rounds. I was ready to go five rounds against Bader and will be ready now, so we’ll see who will leave the cage as the champion."

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

UFC Ready for Battle Shirt

UFC Ready for Battle Shirt

Anthomis site profile image

1/24/14 12:33 AM by Anthomis

I didnt say first. But I am betting money on the KO...I was one of the only ones who bet Gus by decision and we all saw what happened in that fight, moron.

OSBtro11 site profile image

1/20/14 6:29 AM by OSBtro11

BTW Jones will die vi

OSBtro11 site profile image

1/20/14 6:29 AM by OSBtro11

a left hook

OSBtro11 site profile image

1/20/14 6:29 AM by OSBtro11

Ngga

OSBtro11 site profile image

1/20/14 6:18 AM by OSBtro11

Outstanding. A 10/10

UGCTT_WarHunt site profile image

1/20/14 5:20 AM by UGCTT_WarHunt

i disagree, if anyone beats jones it will be in the first round.these LHW's are very heavy compared to Jones and his reach, they have to expend alot of energy to get close enough to hit him. I don't know if we'll ever see Jones Ko'd outside of the first round. if at all, he's very hard to hit for most guys. still glover could do it and he's a better version of glampage when Mr. Pity Party Jackson fought him.if you though Page had a chance, then why not glover? I personally think he has .001% chance of surviving outside the second round

KingofBJJ site profile image

1/19/14 11:15 PM by KingofBJJ

If you are betting any money on anyone KO'ing Jones in the first round, you are a moron.

KingofBJJ site profile image

1/19/14 11:14 PM by KingofBJJ

So was Vitor...and Machida...and Rashad...and Rampage...

UGCTT_WarHunt site profile image

1/18/14 11:30 PM by UGCTT_WarHunt

i can wait for eternity, glover, imo, could beat jones if he blitzed him everytime jones stepped in, he's so slow though he would have to keep putting himself in danger of the takedown. Aerts vs Schilt is a perfect example of a guy that knows he has to take a risk, immediately, and not hold back. not a smart way to fight,but the alternative is to get picked apart, probably taken down anyway.glover gets put on his back i dont think he's getting up until the doctor comes over to give him his hand job,.

FCM site profile image

1/18/14 11:02 PM by FCM

Texeira can't win this fight, Jones can only lose it. Its Jones' easiest fight in a while.Glover has little more than a punchers chance.

MMA apparel and training equipment
BLACK FRIDAY