UFC 169 will move to Sunday if SuperBowl moves to Saturday

If you are reading this from the Northeast of the US, the weather outside is cold at best. As worst, you are snowed in.

Normally bad weather in the Northeasst doesn't have much of an effect on worldwide MMA, but this time it might. Super Bowl XLVIII is scheduled to take place on Sunday, February 2 in East Rutherford, NJ. However, if the weather is as bad as predicted, NFL officials may move it to Saturday night, putting it head to head with UFC 169, which takes place in Newark, NJ.

"I've been seeing that," said UFC president Dana White. "I didn't know, I don't keep on that stuff, but I was getting some tweets from people saying, 'What are you going to do if the game gets moved to Saturday?'.  Wow, wouldn't that be a f---er? Yeah that would hurt."

Fox Sports' Mike Chiappetta reports that White plans to move UFC 179 to Sunday if the SuperBowl moves to Saturday:

Mike Chiappetta MMA @MikeChiappetta
UFC says they will move UFC 169 to Sunday if the Super Bowl is moved to Saturday due to bad weather. Right now, snow is in forecast. #UFC

The remarks were confirmed by UFC Senior Director of Public Relations Dave Sholler.

"If, and only if, they move the Super Bowl to Saturday, we will move UFC 169 to Sunday," said Sholler said at the UFC on FOX 10 post-fight press con.

Luckily, Weather.com is predicting a wintry mix on Sunday, and not a fullblown, SuperBowl-and-UFC PPV-shifting blizzard.

UFC Elite Series Open Face Headgear

UFC Elite Series Open Face Headgear

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

tags: UFC 169   Dana White

rkm456 site profile image

2/3/14 12:00 AM by rkm456

So is Peyton still the best ever?

26018 site profile image

2/1/14 12:18 AM by 26018

Steve Young was one of the top QBs in NFL history. WAY better than some of the above posts make it sound.http://bleacherreport.com/articles/152507-steve-young-a-case-for-the-best-qb-of-all-time

rkm456 site profile image

1/31/14 10:30 PM by rkm456

Hope you're right.

rkm456 site profile image

1/31/14 10:29 PM by rkm456

Hope you're right.

Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke site profile image

1/31/14 5:54 PM by Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke

Super Bowl will most certainly be Sunday. No need to worry now.Good weather = Broncos win

rkm456 site profile image

1/26/14 9:13 PM by rkm456

LOL Enjoy your single championship. Although I'm really pulling for him to dismantle the Seahawks.

nek site profile image

1/26/14 5:13 PM by nek

Curious, if they move the event to Sunday do the weigh-ins move to Saturday? I wonder how this will affect cutting schedules.

Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke site profile image

1/26/14 4:42 PM by Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke

Jon Jones > Rashad Evans Peyton Manning > Tom Brady

rkm456 site profile image

1/26/14 4:24 PM by rkm456

Great GIF. I always laugh at Peyton honks. As someone who's team truly sucks, I have no dog in this fight, but I can definitely tell you that if someone asks me "who would you want quarterbacking your team?" I'm just going to list the quarterbacks who've won the most super bowls in descending order. "Why?" you ask? Because I don't care about who has a better team, better weapons, better defensive support, or who has more regular season mvp awards, I care about my team winning super bowls. Peyton has 1 super bowl ring and Brady has 3. I wonder if Manning fans think Rashad Evans is better than Jon Jones too.

rtwil2007 site profile image

1/26/14 2:16 PM by rtwil2007

Uhmmm....You can pick anyone as your favorite QB or best QB you want....but you are full of crap to say Young put up better numbers than Montana.In 1987, Young had 2 games with more than 15 passes...one he went 9 for 19 for 100 yards and the second time he went 13 for 30 and 216 yards...that is completion % of 43% and 47% and averaged less than 7 yards a pass in those games...same year Montana averaged 66.8% completion and 7.7 yards.In 1988, Young has 3 games with more than 15 passes. He had a completion % of just over 55%, averaged 6.7 yards. Montana had a completion % of 59.9% and averaged 7.5 yard per pass.In 1989, Young had 3 games with over 15 passes. His completion % 61.4% while Montana had a completion % of 70.4%.In 1990, Young had 2 games with over 15 passes and again you find a similiar difference.Even if you add back in the mop up time Young played each of those years, his numbers are inferior to Montana's. In 1991, Montana was injured and he played 1 game in '92. The Niners traded Montana to the Chiefs and went with Young starting in 1993. But when both QB's played with the same players on the field Montana put up better numbers

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!