White: Mayweather would get 'murdered' in the UFC

UFC President Dana White was a guest on the late night Aresenio Hall show and when Hall asked him how the best boxer in the world would do in the UFC, he was quite matter of fact:

He'd get murdered. He'd get murdered in the UFC. Here's the thing: These guys always talk about this crossover stuff -- and Floyd's going to go crazy because I said that, too now -- but the bottom line is the disrespect these guys show for each other's sports.

My guys thinking they could go over and box and Floyd thinking he could come over here in the UFC. It's like, you go to a knife fight with a guy and the other guy has got guns and chains and crowbars. There's so many more weapons in the UFC than there are in boxing, so it makes no sense.

transcribed by Yahoo.com...

UFC Elite Series Open Face Headgear

UFC Elite Series Open Face Headgear

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

tags: Dana White   Aresenio Hall   Floyd Mayweather Jr   video

TheBass site profile image

1/29/14 11:22 AM by TheBass

Mayweather vs Iminari for all the marbles :)

joseito site profile image

1/29/14 9:47 AM by joseito

UFC couldn't afford to pay Floyd, specially with Dan gambling 5 millions a night.

ShamusO'nyou site profile image

1/29/14 8:50 AM by ShamusO'nyou

Ronda should challenge Mayweather

Brasky site profile image

1/29/14 8:41 AM by Brasky

Because media members are lazy.....but for every Toney/Couture they go find a Mercer/Silva to keep the "debate" going. I have no doubt in my mind I can go find a C-level boxer you've never heard of that would absolutely tool a guy like Nick Diaz in a boxing match. The same with a lot of high level boxers against any MMA guy that can take him down.

Brasky site profile image

1/29/14 8:38 AM by Brasky

Yeah, and GSP fights are really really exciting.

John M site profile image

1/28/14 11:52 PM by John M

nobones site profile image

1/28/14 11:23 PM by nobones

Until they challenge Roy Jones Jr. To a boxing match...:/

Phisher site profile image

1/28/14 11:07 PM by Phisher

I'm sure that he cries himself to sleep after every 8 figure payday because he knows deep down inside that he'd get crushed in MMA.   LOL @ Dana and his marks.

Adulterous_Zucchini site profile image

1/28/14 11:01 PM by Adulterous_Zucchini

oh god, give me a break. Toney was ankle picked from a million miles away by Randy fucking Couture. That was the only low single I can remember in UFC, and definitely the only one I've seen like that. Just lol. Put the greatest boxer of all time in the cage with a half-decent wrestler and he's on his back in less than 30 seconds 20 times out of 20.

ahle site profile image

1/28/14 10:03 PM by ahle

How do propose the UFC "builds stars"?By putting them on national tv?By giving them multiple high profile fights?By having shows like "Countdown" that allow fans to get a more in depth look at the fighter?I really am curious. I've heard this multiple times, but no one has ever said how they would build stars. Some people just have the "it" factor. You can't turn just anybody into a Tito, Chuck, or GSP.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!