Weidman: Without exemption, Belfort can just cycle

Chris Weidman nows that he will face Vitor Belfort next, but what he doesn't know is whether or not Belfort will be on TRT or not. The issue has been discussed at length this week and it's possible that Belfort may or may not apply and if he does, he may or may not, get it approved.

Weidman wonders what  the decision will be and how that will affect his training:

"I don't know how it works," Weidman said. "I just asked Lorenzo (Fertitta) ... and he said that [Belfort] is going to try to get the TRT. But whether he gets it or not, I was happy to hear that we will be tested and stuff like that. He (Fertitta) would be surprised if we didn't get tested throughout the camp..."

"Because what I heard is... Someone else told me that if he doesn't apply for the TRT -- because I heard that he wasn't going to apply at first -- if he doesn't apply, then he doesn't get tested during the camp and stuff like that, so then he would be able to take whatever he wants and cycle off like these other guys do. If he gets the TRT then he has to get tested all the time. So, I was like ‘I wonder where he is going with this.' So I don't know... I'm just happy to hear that because he failed a drug test before, that he will get tested."

RVCA Belfort Flag Shirt

RVCA Belfort Flag Shirt

RVCA Vitor Belfort UFC Fight Night Cornerman Shirt

RVCA Vitor Belfort UFC Fight Night Cornerman Shirt

Matrixkick site profile image

2/28/14 9:23 AM by Matrixkick

Well creepymcfinger you lucked out I guess.

Matrixkick site profile image

2/27/14 5:32 PM by Matrixkick

Not looking good for you now fella

Lazer MMA site profile image

2/25/14 3:21 PM by Lazer MMA

Sure Vitor wants Weidman tested often LMFAO, while he tests himself. He's not getting tested in Brazil this time at least.

orcus site profile image

2/25/14 3:19 PM by orcus

"See the difference a proven cheat going on decade"For you to keep insisting Vitor was cheating for decades, you're going to have to provide some evidence that the UFC or Pride -- pre-testing -- had rules against steroids.

Wasa-B site profile image

2/25/14 3:18 PM by Wasa-B

Btw, on the cycling note, Weidman can also cycle.....i agree with DF's post above, Weidman has a right to speak out against TRT but in terms of PEDs, cycling, etc in general....that aint just a Vitor problem either.

Lazer MMA site profile image

2/25/14 3:17 PM by Lazer MMA

Not really, what's funny is you saying that! Remember Hendo was clean when Vitor got popped when they fought LOL? No suprise at all everyone with eyes and a brain knew Vitor was roiding since the fight with Randy soooooo many year ago. Dan was in the olympics back then. See the difference a proven cheat going on decades VS a guy that never looked hugh prior to TRT? Hendo looked good enough beating a cheating Vitor, just like he did in UFC 17 & Rings. Zuffa troll shills post, or ignorant? Place your bet, I'll bet both.   Edit: Looking at posts under mine make X 2.

HexRei site profile image

2/25/14 2:44 PM by HexRei

Please tell me that's not actually Vitor. if so, its like he's trying to become a parody of himself. That is seriously the most retarded hairstyle I've ever seen.

Wasa-B site profile image

2/25/14 1:50 PM by Wasa-B

Even funnier considering Hendo was also a TRTer and did his best work arguably while he was on it.

BuckyGoldstein site profile image

2/25/14 1:41 PM by BuckyGoldstein

like a boss

Out To Lunch site profile image

2/25/14 1:00 PM by Out To Lunch

Believe it or not I actually have been hoping to get voted down. Thanks!