Benson: Pettis vs. Aldo is 'horse manure'

Yesterday in a post-fight media scrum UFC President Dana White says that Jose Aldo is likely the next fight for lightweight champion Anthony Pettis. This would be the first time the UFC has put on a 'super fight' between two of its existing champions.

One person not too happy about the situation, former champion and number one contender Benson Henderson.

U gotta be kidding me?!...my mama taught me to be a better man n keep my mouth shut if I don't have anything nice to say, I'm out #UFC169

?Title shot drama...I'm goin on my honeymoon to forget about this horse manure...RT @DanielMadridMMA: @BensonHenderson what happened bro?

read official Twitter...

Headrush Panther Shirt

Headrush Panther Shirt

Headrush UFC 164 Anthony \

Headrush UFC 164 Anthony "Showtime" Pettis Walkout Shirt

Mario Luigi site profile image

2/4/14 10:05 AM by Mario Luigi

benson don't want none of pettis again

moss_4h site profile image

2/4/14 9:38 AM by moss_4h

He should be thankful, Aldo may be his only chance at another title shot.. not a lot of demand for Pettis vs Henderson 3

duckhuntgangsta site profile image

2/4/14 9:22 AM by duckhuntgangsta

I like Benson but he barely beat Thompson who had a broken hand. He needs to finish fights if he wants to be in demand.

Pitbull3744 site profile image

2/4/14 9:14 AM by Pitbull3744

Dont know how this made page 4.  Benson is boring, doesnt ever finish fights, doesnt even look for the finish, always squeaks out controversial decisions, eats a fucking toothpick like its cool, then goes and talks shit as if he deserves another title fight lol.     We the UG need to start better topics of discussion and leave ones like this alone and let it fall into abscurity.

1800champagne site profile image

2/4/14 9:14 AM by 1800champagne

I don't hate him, but I think he's 1-5 in his last 6.

The Sultan site profile image

2/4/14 8:58 AM by The Sultan

For me, the whole talk like a gangster but wont swear schtick is mad corny."Yeaaaaaa dawg, thats horse manure. "Corny as fuck. Add in the bible thumping and hes annoying as hell to listen to. Pissing and moaning about Aldo/Pettis makes him look foolish, IMO, and does nothing to help his position of being more likable. He has absolutely nothing to be mad about. Its annoying when people try to make things about themselves. Why is he tying himself to the outcome of that fight or somehow in his mind, he thought he was going to get another title shot afyer several lackluster decisions that many feel he lost including his most recent outing against josh thomson? Pettis smoked him. He got subbed almost immediately which really had to suck because he just got his black belt in bjj. I wonder if he has a poster of Pettis that he throws ninja stars at. Almost finkle-ish with the whining. Laces out!!!!He can fight tho. He just chooses not to. I wish he would go after it a little bit more. He seems to grapple when he should strike and strike when he should grapple. Put together some wins and earn your shot. Until then, he should fly a little more under the radar. Not very christian pissing and moaning. Funny how guys dont thank God when they dont get title shots.

MillhouseMMA site profile image

2/4/14 8:10 AM by MillhouseMMA

Benson never really was boring until he got the belt. I remember him being a lot more exciting working his way up and smashing guys, albeit still by decision. He destroyed Jim Miller.

The Sultan site profile image

2/3/14 5:36 PM by The Sultan

Jab jab, push mop back, jab

FirstScratch site profile image

2/3/14 5:22 PM by FirstScratch

I'd rather watch a super fight than another one of the lame-ass cards we've been getting.

Damaynevent site profile image

2/3/14 4:36 PM by Damaynevent

Great point. How is Pettis in a super fight when he hasn't defended his title? He's no more a champ than Dominic Cruz. I know he hasn't been out as long as Cruz, but damn beat a couple LW before you start acting like you've cleaned out your division. Anyone that says there are no fights a LW for Pettis is a moron. Plenty of people would pay to see him fight Gil, Nate, Thomson, Bendo or Miller.