Rousey: I’m owed a little bit of help, God dammit

Earlier this week in an interview Jon Jones remarked that UFC marketing machine pushed Ronda Rousey, but not himself, to which Rousey herself responded today:

“I don’t know exactly what [Jones] said, but I work really, really hard,” Rousey stated. “I might be getting some help from the UFC now, and I appreciate all their support, but to get to this point there were a lot of spots where I didn’t have any help at all.

“I feel like I’m owed a little bit of help, God dammit. I had to do so much of it alone in the beginning. This is nice. I’m not going to complain about it. They can help me all they want.”

UFC Ready for Battle Shirt

UFC Ready for Battle Shirt

UFC Women\'s Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

UFC Women's Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

subwrassler site profile image

2/13/14 12:38 PM by subwrassler

a lot being read into a simple statement

TheVandalz site profile image

2/13/14 12:36 PM by TheVandalz

Wow, prima donna thread!Her olympic career is irrelevant? How the fuck is that irrelevant? It's specifically what she is referring to with coming up with no help (i.e. promotion). She got the olympics and won her medal through her own hard work. This acclaim brought her to MMA where is now the fucking champion. Show some goddamn respect. She is only referring to the help she is receiving and how she feels she deserves it.Do you really expect someone to turn down being promoted because someone ELSE deserves it more? What kind of self-righteous moron are you?She said herself she didn't even know what Jon said, she's responding to the implications of being promoted for reasons other than her lifelong commitment to combat sports, her olympic career, her medal, her run in the UFC, and the gold around her waist.

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe site profile image

2/13/14 12:32 PM by HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

She acts like WMMA didn't exist before her.

Ramon Maroni site profile image

2/13/14 12:32 PM by Ramon Maroni

Booo fucking Hooo

mikerobmma site profile image

2/13/14 12:30 PM by mikerobmma

Sounds like you're posting in the same exact threads if you know where he's posting. So it'd be your loss too apparently. And voted down OP. Again.

SHOGUN250 site profile image

2/13/14 12:27 PM by SHOGUN250

what..... i just..... she cant..... wtf she was HANDED the ufc championship, and then thrust into the zuffa marketing machine, gaining ridiculous dollars.  Fighting for 7k/7k, Bones went 6-0-0-0-1 with the zuffa brass and fanbase recognizing his natural talent before getting his opportunity to fight one of the GOATs for the belt.  What happened before their respective MMA careers is almost irrelevant, she won bronze in women's Judo, he was a JUCO national and state wrestling champion. the fact of the matter is JON worked his ass off for his belt, while Ronda had the belt handed to her, and now she complains she's owed more? what in the flying fuck....

al neri site profile image

2/13/14 12:12 PM by al neri

I wish more people understood this simple fact of life.

JJLong site profile image

2/13/14 12:09 PM by JJLong

She should have said that she isn't the one who slammed her car into a pole.

Khabeer Rockley site profile image

2/13/14 11:42 AM by Khabeer Rockley

Lol vtfu

Dominique Robinson site profile image

2/13/14 10:45 AM by Dominique Robinson

EXACTLY!

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!