Machida defeats Mousasi in five round fight of the night

The main event of the UFC Fight Night 36 is an important match-up in the middleweight division as Lyoto Machida takes on Gegard Mousasi.

Gegard Mousasi Vs. Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
Fight was scheduled for 5 rounds (5x5x5x5x5)
Name Gegard Mousasi <a href=Gegard Mousasi" src="http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&rs=50&q=75&x=54&y=3&w=90&h=120&ro=0&s=7A50E5FD-1D09-6BFC-E507C3FDAC8E3356.jpg" />
Height 6′ 1″ (185.42 cm)
Weight 205 (92.99 kg)
Record 32-3-2
Team
VS
Name Lyoto Machida <a href=Lyoto Machida" src="http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&rs=100&q=75&x=0&y=0&w=90&h=120&ro=0&s=36322776-1D09-6BFC-E50D89C3258BE9E7.jpg" />
Height 6′ 1″ (185.42 cm)
Weight 205 (92.99 kg)
Record 20-4-0
Team Black House

-Lyoto Machida defeated Gegard Mousasi by Unanimous Decision

Venum Competitor Brazil Inspired Dry Fit Shirt

Venum Competitor Brazil Inspired Dry Fit Shirt

Affliction Shockwave Rusted Shirt

Affliction Shockwave Rusted Shirt

BrunoMcGyver site profile image

2/17/14 5:59 AM by BrunoMcGyver

I also don't think Machida is boring.However, some people do judging by the posts of some people here. My point was that if the UFC should be primilarily entertainment based regardless of the caliber of fighters rather than being where the best fighters fight then it does not really make it any different to most other orgs out there.

Jumbo Reverse Shrimp site profile image

2/16/14 11:18 PM by Jumbo Reverse Shrimp

FOTN? LOL, that's just sad. This was a bad match up. It reminded me a bit of Calzaghe vs. Bhop. This fight shouldn't have been made. It's a boring style match up.

youarewhatiswrong site profile image

2/16/14 10:57 PM by youarewhatiswrong

lot of X-Arm fans around this place. I'd love to see the average IQ of the posters here.

allforroy site profile image

2/16/14 9:45 PM by allforroy

Can't eat what you can't catch.

Bann site profile image

2/16/14 9:18 PM by Bann

Mousasi could of had a chance but he only threw like 6 punches a round. If he would of thrown 50 punches a round he could of won. THE THING that pisses me off the most is they are not even tired. I expect NFL players to be tired after a game. I expect NBA players to be exhausted after a game and I damn fucking sure expect pro fighters to be tired after a 25 minute fight. at that pace they could of fought for 2 hours. go for it and do something. you know you're losing but still don't change or do shit.you eat his best punches and kicks like they were nothing but still you dont do shit!!! if gegard went ben rothwell bezerker mode he could of won or at least kept me from falling asleep.

Pessimist_Pete site profile image

2/16/14 10:04 AM by Pessimist_Pete

*by "bring" I meant "I suck"

Pessimist_Pete site profile image

2/16/14 10:03 AM by Pessimist_Pete

This fight was bring because there wasn't any blood until round five. Even then, Machida just had a little blood from his nose. I wanted to see a bloodbath.

ZombiedKoreanTurnipHead site profile image

2/16/14 9:58 AM by ZombiedKoreanTurnipHead

There's a quite a lot of JUST BLEED idiots on this thread.

xtrordinaire site profile image

2/16/14 9:44 AM by xtrordinaire

Idk if it's because I was a bit drunk but I found this fight boring... How did it get fight of the night

Poindexter site profile image

2/16/14 8:59 AM by Poindexter

Machida wasn't point fighting. He was using timing, footwork, and feints to land precise shots and was looking for the finish. Mousasi is a tough opponent and walked through them.