'Jacare': I deserve the title shot

After his win at UFN 36, Lyoto Machida proclaimed that he deserved a middleweight title shot, but another fighter that fought last night believes he has a claim to the same title shot:

“Absolutely, I deserve [a title shot],” Souza told Fox Sports, “but if the UFC doesn’t think so, I will be happy to do it again.”

“I’m very happy with my performance. I knew he was a tough fighter, and it was a difficult fight. I actually engaged quite well in some of my submissions, but he was able to [escape],” said Souza. “He may have defended, but he had to stay there or tap out [unless] time ran out. I maintained dominant position.”

Jacare-Souza-Wants-Title-Shot-After-Besting-Francis-Carmont-63777" target="_blank">read entire article...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Submission BJJ Belt

Submission BJJ Belt

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

MysteriousNinjaFromMars site profile image

2/17/14 4:49 PM by MysteriousNinjaFromMars

How many fucking times does it need to be said , Weidman is from new york.Now fuck off back under your bridge you shitty little troll.

Mix6APlix site profile image

2/17/14 4:02 PM by Mix6APlix

And if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

MMAfan1million site profile image

2/17/14 3:49 PM by MMAfan1million

Exactly.

BackOffWarchild site profile image

2/17/14 3:26 PM by BackOffWarchild

Hmmm.1. Accuse the UFC of protecting Weidman, a new champ2. Acknowledge that Weidman's second defense is against Beast Mode Vitor3. ?4. PROFITNews flash:Anderson (2x)VitorMachidaJacareIf Weidman still has the belt two years from now, it won't be because he was protected, it will be because he went on one of the greatest runs against high-level competition in MMA history. Chill the teacher's pet talk, brah.

Mix6APlix site profile image

2/17/14 3:22 PM by Mix6APlix

Um not really. Watching Anderson apply his craft is entertaing, but Im certainly not a fan boy or nuthugger. I dont like Weidman though, and think Jacare has all the tools to make Chris fight his fight. Honestly, Ive been frozen multiple times for comments about certain juicers, but I hope Weidman ends up on the wrong side of a cringeworthy fucking brutal KO vs. Belfort.

PrettyBoy site profile image

2/17/14 3:15 PM by PrettyBoy

Dude go watch the majority of his fights. Jacare is a killer. 1 shot KO power in both hands and is one of the best BJJ grapplers on earth... He is the only guy with the skillset to neutralize The Chris.He should get a shot immediately.

Captain_Underpants site profile image

2/17/14 2:50 PM by Captain_Underpants

You must be an Anderson fan huh? It's over bro, get over it

zebers3 site profile image

2/17/14 2:48 PM by zebers3

I'd like to see Machida fight the Weidman/Belfort winner. And then Jacare fight Rockhold again (assuming he beats Boetsch). Or he could fight Bisping (if he beats Kennedy). And if he wins either of those fights then give him the winner after Machida's title fight. This division could get pretty crazy if Weidman loses to Vitor.

duckhuntgangsta site profile image

2/17/14 2:40 PM by duckhuntgangsta

The MW division is sick right now. My vote is for Machida and then Jacare. I don't want to see them fight each other unless its for the right to fight for the title first (lose gets the next crack at the title or immediate title eliminator fight)

Mix6APlix site profile image

2/17/14 2:36 PM by Mix6APlix

LOL @ Jacare ever getting a title shot. With Zuffa and their protection of certain people, he'll never get a fight with Weidman. Zuffa knows he'd beat the little golden jersey jew from pillar to post and back again. He better be praying for Vitor to win if he hopes to ever get a title shot. Brazillian on Brazillian violence will sell. 'Watch our golden boy get embarrassed', not so much.