Leben apologizes for social network outbust

Chris Leben recently retired from MMA and apparently now is broke, has never paid taxes, and wish he'd just been a truck driver for the last ten years:

Leben took to Twitter on Sunday to voice his desire that he had chosen a different career path than that of UFC fighter:

I wish I would've drove truck last 10yrs, then at least is have insurance to see a counselor. Ufc left me broken with nithing

That's a hell of a regret after nearly a decade of work under the same organization. And while he has no one but himself to blame for his current financial situation, his complaints about a lack of post-career health care coverage should not fall on deaf ears.

Following this news yesterday, Leben took to Twitter to explain himself and apologize for the tweet:

I lost my dog and fucking lost it! Sorry please disregard my prev tweet! He was a family member:(

Means a lot that Dana and the UFC care and have reached out

read official Twitter...

TapouT Fang Mouth Guard (2 Pack)

TapouT Fang Mouth Guard (2 Pack)

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

tags: Chris Leben (detail)

FCM site profile image

2/19/14 6:22 AM by FCM

Is BLAF going to offer Leben meaningful and substantive support through his 'issues' ?

Blazing Knees site profile image

2/19/14 6:13 AM by Blazing Knees

Easy. Opiates aren't cheap and the dosage escalates dramatically when under the spell. If you're blowing 300-400 a day. Some guys get lit up like electricity from opiates-others it makes them sleepy.You can easily train while on pk's as long as you're chewing them like Skittles

mijo site profile image

2/19/14 6:11 AM by mijo

He and Nate Quarry need to an apartment together'

Blazing Knees site profile image

2/19/14 6:09 AM by Blazing Knees

You stfu- never said I hated anyone. Quite the opposite. Look at my profile and look at the support threads I;ve created for Chris. I clearly said I was a big fan and I followed his whole UFC career. A million dollars is a LOT of money, no matter how you spin it. Maybe you're just mad at yourself for blowing the money you made like Chris did? Yeah

danggook site profile image

2/18/14 9:10 PM by danggook

very short range though. their trucks don't carry much fuel.

cumprido1 site profile image

2/18/14 4:26 PM by cumprido1

No sympathy from me either. If I made $900k I would be happy as shit.

MMAtador site profile image

2/18/14 3:39 PM by MMAtador

STFU allready, we get it you hate him. It's not a lot of money, from 20 to 30 years old I made about the same and all I have to show for it isn't much. Sure when I look back now I could have done things differently. Hopefully 30-40 years old I can make up for it. Unfortunately for Leben a second chance isn't likely.

anunaki site profile image

2/18/14 3:35 PM by anunaki

Dude should have like 600k after taxes and other shit NOT INCLUDING the undisclosed cashola he got for subbing akiyama and koing wand in the same month (you get the point).Im no fan of the ufc pay scale, but c'mon son. Manage yo shit!

Bry Bry site profile image

2/18/14 3:12 PM by Bry Bry

how the hell can a guy like Leben spend that much money on drugs and yet still be able to train for fights?

Bry Bry site profile image

2/18/14 3:11 PM by Bry Bry

nope, not even close..it a case of 'the grass is greener on the other side' type scenario..a guy like Leben would be miserable in a 9-5 type job imo...he was meant to be a fighter but he cant keep up with todays athletes and he cannot manage his money..