Riddle: I'd make more at McDonalds than fighting

Chris Leben made news last week when he tweeted that he wished he'd been a truck drive for last decade than a fighter, as he would have mad more money. Leben subsequently removed the post and apologized to the UFC the next morning.

However, the sentiment that fighters are underpaid is a common one and recently Nate Quarry has made a lot of news with his comments on the Underground.

Former UFC and Bellator Fighter Matt Riddle recently spoke with Sherdog's Beatdown Radio Show and expressed the same sentiment:

On why he retired: “I retired from Bellator because they refused to give me an extension on my fight in the tournament or a fight this year, in 2013, when I was talking to them. I saw they would do other things for Joe Warren and other fighters that they just had a soft spot for, I guess. I didn’t like that, and honestly, getting fired from the UFC for marijuana -- honestly, this whole sport is just politics and hypocrites and everything. I was really tired of it. And it’s not like I’m getting paid that well. I could work at McDonald’s and get paid more. That’s why I retired.”

On whether he’s insinuating anything with the UFC: “I think I’ve insinuated it in the past. You know, they gave me a drug test in London and I failed that after I quit like a month out. It’s whatever. They said I failed. Whatever. They fired me. Other dudes failed drug tests; they keep them on the roster. Whatever. I don’t really care. It’s a bunch of hypocrites and a bunch of douchebags that run the show, and I’m tired of it.”

McDonalds-64025" target="_blank">read entire article...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

MMAWarehouse.com 13 inch Vinyl Transfer

MMAWarehouse.com 13 inch Vinyl Transfer

Submission BJJ Belt

Submission BJJ Belt

tags: Matt Riddle (detail)  McDonalds   Titan FC

Pessimist_Pete site profile image

2/23/14 1:22 AM by Pessimist_Pete

Lol

rkm456 site profile image

2/23/14 12:39 AM by rkm456

Hey McRiddle, is the Shamrock Shake available yet, or is still too early? I love those things.

rkm456 site profile image

2/23/14 12:34 AM by rkm456

Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!

SMOKING MANHOLE site profile image

2/22/14 10:58 PM by SMOKING MANHOLE

Impressive man

daddy N0 site profile image

2/22/14 1:53 PM by daddy N0

It's not how much you make, it's how much you spend!!

raoullduke site profile image

2/22/14 9:09 AM by raoullduke

Yes. And he wasn't actually sacked for failing them, he was sacked for making some retarded comments after the fact. Something to the effect of, I need weed so I don't beat my kids. Which he obviously didn't mean it literally, but is still a pretty fucking retarded thing to say to the media. Even then I think he probably could have got back in pretty quickly, but decided to make more comments about how unfair it was to the media.

Ramsey site profile image

2/22/14 8:40 AM by Ramsey

Tell this dip shit clown to go to work then and quit doing MMA interviews. He better not burn my goddamn French fries!

KING Stannis Baratheon site profile image

2/22/14 8:34 AM by KING Stannis Baratheon

Looks like Riddles not the only one with "all that weed in his system".

KING Stannis Baratheon site profile image

2/22/14 8:33 AM by KING Stannis Baratheon

I still think Hendo was projecting with his initial comment.Either that or he really is a 20 year veteran stoner with some sort of stoner psychosis.Either way definitely impressive.

octagon 11 site profile image

2/22/14 8:21 AM by octagon 11

NO FUCKING WAY MAN,MCDONALDS MORE THAN UFC?THATS WHY THEY GOT RID OF RIDDLE.HAHA.SAME TURD BEEFING W KEVIN RANDLEMAN.UFC GAVE YOU CHANCE BRO.ALL THAT WEED IN YOUR SYSTEM.YA KNOW MANY DUDES ARE DYING TO BE iN UFC.STICK TO FRIES.NEXT YEAR WHO IS MATTRIDDLE?TRUCKDRIVER YOU SERIES BRO,ERIAH HALLPUT SENSE INTO LEBEN.COMPLAINTS COMLAINTS UNGRATEFULPASS THE CHANCE TO NEXT