JDS aims for fourth title fight with Velasquez

Generally a trilogy fight is the last between two athletes, but as Junior Dos Santos is likely to continue a win streak and Cain Velasquez could still be a champion, another fight between two may be ahead. Dos Santos of course is ready and that's what he wants:

While the current title holder is hurt and expecting to face the winner of Werdum vs. Browne in late 2014, Cigano promised Tatame.com that he will climb his way to be once more the challenger.

I think I will meet Velasquez again in a title fight. He says I won't but I don't think so, I'm still the number 1 guy from the divisional ranking. Of course I won't fight for the belt so soon but if Cain establish himself as the champion and I obtain two or three wins, I believe we will meet again. He is a guy that I admire a lot. He was knocked out, learned with his mistakes, blocked my game and beat me. Now it's me who is trying to evolve.

Affliction Cain Velasquez UFC 166 Revolutionary Walkout Shirt

Affliction Cain Velasquez UFC 166 Revolutionary Walkout Shirt

Jaco Resurgence Fight Shorts

Jaco Resurgence Fight Shorts

Briggy site profile image

2/25/14 2:40 PM by Briggy

This is why JDS is a true champion and all you haters will NEVER achieve what he has. Dude gets fucked up twice but still hasn't given up. Anderson Silva shares this same mindset. Thats why those guys are where their at and you guys won't.Suck it haters

Ramon Maroni site profile image

2/25/14 1:33 PM by Ramon Maroni

love his warrior spirit, but he got absolutely raped in the last 2 fightsPlease dear god,NO

Cann site profile image

2/25/14 1:26 PM by Cann

I think JDS would have an easier time going to boxing, not saying he should fight any champs yet, but make his way up. I don't really want to see JDS fight for another title unless he dropped all of his previous coaches and was very serious about changing his game/training and evolving with the new styles of MMA artists today.

buvaiser site profile image

2/24/14 11:27 PM by buvaiser

^I agree, more like undertraining, the aspects of avoiding getting cage raped and taken down.

MMA6053 site profile image

2/24/14 11:24 PM by MMA6053

I like JDS but enough now.....Christ there were some of us wondering if he was even going to survive his last fight with Cain.Let it go champ.

jpm995 site profile image

2/24/14 11:24 PM by jpm995

What gets me is i think he has the tools to beat Cain but not the management. As soon as i heard before the 3rd fight that "overtraining" was the reason he lost i knew he was in trouble.

John M site profile image

2/24/14 11:23 PM by John M

It'll happen eventually. I just want to see significant improvement (specifically in the clinch and with footwork/movement around the cage) from JDS before it does. Problem is, not really sure if there's anyone else aside from Cain who can really test that improvement....

buvaiser site profile image

2/24/14 11:19 PM by buvaiser

Jds has the.physical tools to beat cain as he showed but unless he goes to a diff camp to improve hisclinch and wfestling he'll always only have a punchers chance.

7titofan7 site profile image

2/24/14 11:16 PM by 7titofan7

Anyone think one day dana will turn around and discredit this trilogy/potential quadrilogy like he did arlovski and sylvia? He said that the HW division at that time was shallow, and even tho today its better challengers are still few and far between. With alistair refusing to fight jds, DC dropping etc. jds and cain are just gunna keep fighting and they'll keep promoting the shit out of it. Is there a trend in the HW division?

spjackson77 site profile image

2/24/14 10:46 PM by spjackson77

If he was in any other division, he would have been forced to move up or down a la Rich Franklin. JDS clearly has no chance against Cain. People like Browne and Werdum need title shots before JDS, even if one of them lose. The only way JDS should fight for the heavyweight title is if it's not against Cain.

MMA apparel and training equipment
MMA clothing and gear