Rousey would fight at catchweight vs. Carano

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey spoke with reporters in Dallas about a several prominent female figures in MMA.

On fighting Gina Carano

"I would love that," said Rousey, as transcribed vs. MMAFighting. "I've always said that, I never would've found women's MMA if I hadn't seen her fight."

"To fight her would be a real honor and I think that'd be a milestone for the sport. But, I mean, you can't fight for anyone but yourself. I wouldn't want her to fight for any other reason than if she wants to fight. It's a personal decision for everyone."

"(Carano deserves a title shot due to) everything that she's done for the sport and the pioneer that she is."

"There are exceptions that I would make for Gina that I wouldn't make for anyone else," said Rousey of fighting Carano at a catchweight. Carano fought most of her career at 145.

On Cat Zingano

"I still feel that Cat Zingano is next," said Rousey. "I feel like she is the No. 1 contender, and I saw a statement from her management saying that she'll be ready in June."

On Arianny Celeste.

"That whole Arianny thing, those comments from the Maxim thing, that was from 12 months ago," said Rousey. "Did it just take her a year to come up with a comeback? I mean, why is this coming up now?"

"They made grammatical sense, which is good for her."

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Punishment Athletics Girls Kick Ass Shirt

Punishment Athletics Girls Kick Ass Shirt

tags: UFC   Ronda Rousey (detail)  Gina Carano

rockwell site profile image

3/16/14 12:00 AM by rockwell

This

MillhouseMMA site profile image

3/15/14 11:49 PM by MillhouseMMA

Cyborg fight wouldn't sell right now, need to build her up a bit before it would sell more than this one.

JoeHurley site profile image

3/15/14 11:46 PM by JoeHurley

Yes, because we've seen in mma that one loss will end your whole career and somehow change your contracted pay to nothing.Rhonda has clearly shown she is scared of losing and chooses to only face the qeajeat opponents she can while ducking any accomplished fighter in her weight class. She needs to fight cyborg now, even though she's in another weight class, another organization and already has another fight lined up.Did I get it right?

JJLong site profile image

3/15/14 11:33 PM by JJLong

Dana said at the press conference that he would only make the fight at 135.

JeffersonDArcyChoke site profile image

3/15/14 11:11 PM by JeffersonDArcyChoke

I think this fight gets announced tonight or this week at the latest. Rogan hinted at it. Dana didn't totally deny it. It's the only risk free, money bout for UFC this summer with Rousey.

Odins_Fleshlight site profile image

3/15/14 11:08 PM by Odins_Fleshlight

Oh shit... you got me...Haha you petty faggot

noshame site profile image

3/15/14 11:05 PM by noshame

Really a silly question, but I'll entertain you. I watch the sport because I've been a fan since almost 20 years before you joined this place. I love the sport. I love watching the best fight the best. I love watching the sport evolve. I love seeing people accomplish things we didn't dream of just a few years ago. All that said, I also understand business decisions. It makes no business sense for Jon Jones to fight Fedor at heavyweight. Likewise in this situation.

octowussy site profile image

3/15/14 10:10 PM by octowussy

I heard Ronda might do something really brave and call out Mae Young next.

JudoknowNothing site profile image