Sanchez blames bad beef tartare for UFC 171 loss

At UFC 171 Diego Sanchez lost a decision to Myles Jury, who stayed ahead of the longtime UFC veteran for the entire fight. Today on Twitter, Sanchez said he believed food poisoning was to blame for this lack luster performance:

"I wasn't myself last night," Sanchez wrote on Twitter. "I sustained food poisoning from eating a beef tartar with raw quail egg as an appetizer at dinner. This was my own mistake. I ordered it thinking I need red meat but raw was the wrong choice. I threw up first at 2 am and all day fight day."

"This was not part of the Dolce Diet, I screwed myself," he continued. "I thought because I had done everything do perfect I could sway a little and it cost me."

According to the TUF winner, he "didn't have the strength" to do what he wanted during the bout.

"I was weak and my performance showed it," he said, "if you notice I don't go for one takedown, because I just didn't have the strength.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

Tatami Multi Flex NO GI Fight Shorts

Tatami Multi Flex NO GI Fight Shorts

Frank Mir Cat site profile image

3/18/14 2:41 PM by Frank Mir Cat

It's ironic given the current situation in Crimea. You see, the area now known as Crimea was once populated with an ethnic group called the Tartars, and you guessed it, they created the dish, beef tartare, of course they used horse meat, but still. Anyway, Stalin wound up "re-locating" the Tartars to Siberia for being Muslim and alleged Nazi sympathizers. He then gave Crimea to the Ukraine, as a good faith gesture. And now Putin is getting it back.

Blazing Knees site profile image

3/18/14 7:13 AM by Blazing Knees

He made a few excuses when he left the Jackson camp the first time. Said he was partying like a fool-found this pic on the interwebz =

ChaosOverkill site profile image

3/18/14 3:29 AM by ChaosOverkill

He probably thinks the quality of food he eats and results are "Up to God" too

Fatalstrife site profile image

3/18/14 3:28 AM by Fatalstrife

need to get a diego sanchez excuse thread stickied, according to diego, he has never been beat by a better fighter lol.

ChaosOverkill site profile image

3/18/14 3:11 AM by ChaosOverkill

Yeah lol I mentioned that in my first joke pages ago as Puffer fish

Fatalstrife site profile image

3/18/14 3:10 AM by Fatalstrife

don't forget the Fugu

ChaosOverkill site profile image

3/18/14 3:06 AM by ChaosOverkill

I've got a "Job of a lifetime" interview later today, time to eat questionable Unagi and unlabelled mushrooms.

Fatalstrife site profile image

3/18/14 2:59 AM by Fatalstrife

Lol Diego Sanchez making excuses after a loss again? This guy Big Nog, and Tito should have dinner together, they would have a lot to talk about.Loses to Koscheck and blames the loss on being sick and thinking he had Hepatitis C. Once its proven he didn't have Hepatitis he changed his excuse to staph infectionLoses to Fitch, blames the loss on his life being in a transition period and changing camps.Loses to Ellenberger, blames it on spraining his ankle 3 weeks before the fightLoses to Hathaway, blames his camp on not catering to his style, and then says he lost cause he wasn't focused.Loses to Melendez, blames the judges for scoring the fight wrong and going for a sub instead of GnPLoses to Jury, blames the loss on steak tar tar, raw quail eggs, and food poisoning.This bum should be on a 5 fight losing streak, Conor Mcgregor said it best, he is a has been who should be fighting in Bellator.

PeaceThroughStrength site profile image

3/18/14 1:26 AM by PeaceThroughStrength

Either way Jury looked good.

superCalo site profile image

3/17/14 10:33 PM by superCalo

Why not go vegan like mentor Greg Jackson ? vegans hardly eat any meat at all let alone steak,

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!