Glover: Worried about Jones? He should be worrying about me

UFC light heavyweight Glover Teixeira recently appeared live on AXS TV's Inside MMA, ahead of his fight with champion Jon Jones at UFC 172 on April 26.

"Do you know how to beat him, you think?" asked AXS TV commentator Bas Rutten.

"Yah, of course," replied Teixeira. "I have the power to beat him. I have my skills - I have to believe in my skills, that are going to work against his skills.

"People always tell me, 'are you bringing in this guy or that guy' to emulate Jon Jones, but I don't really worry about him. In my mind, man, he really has to worry about what I am going to do.

"I have the power to beat him. I have to believe my skills are gonna work against his skills. People always tell me, 'Oh, you need to bring this guy or that guy to [emulate] Jon Jones,' but I don't really worry about him. In my mind, he's gonna have to worry about what I'm gonna do with him. He's the champion, but I believe in my skills and I believe that on April 26 I'm gonna go [to Baltimore] and knock this guy out."

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

tags: UFC   Jon Jones (detail)  Glover Teixeira (detail)  video

MachidaMachidaMachida site profile image

3/19/14 7:38 PM by MachidaMachidaMachida

This! Its a real shame the LHW belt is on a less than honorable man .Long Live House Machida!

GarlicSenior site profile image

3/19/14 7:29 PM by GarlicSenior

He's a much more complete fighter than the Rampage of this day and age. He may be arguably the best pure boxer in the division (which I believe is one of Jon's weaker areas), for sure has one shot ko power, is an impressive grappler all around, and isn't afraid to mix it up. I also don't see Jon taking him down very often. I'm a Bones fan but this could possibly his toughest match up yet.

gw99 site profile image

3/19/14 4:51 PM by gw99

I like Glover's attitude. "I don't really worry about him. In my mind, man, he really has to worry about what I am going to do." "He's the champion, but hey, I really believe in my skills. I believe that April 26 I am going to go over there and knock this guy out." Looking forward to the fight and I wish him luck.

The Sultan site profile image

3/19/14 3:58 PM by The Sultan

If Jones allows Glover to get in as many shots as Gus did, hes going to be in trouble.

FCFBlazer site profile image

3/19/14 11:19 AM by FCFBlazer

I smell upset only because everyone is looking past Glover.

Damaynevent site profile image

3/19/14 10:18 AM by Damaynevent

Legit lol. Jones gonna sub Tex in in the 4th or 5th round. Glover's tank not gonna hold up for 5 rounds.

NHBDaddy site profile image

3/19/14 9:53 AM by NHBDaddy

Glover has the standup advantage if he can stay on the insideJones will be looking for the takedown early imo

Teddy KGB site profile image

3/19/14 9:47 AM by Teddy KGB

Jones will eye poke and knee kick his way to yet another victory. The guy should have been DQ'ed half a dozen times.

madmav site profile image

3/19/14 6:24 AM by madmav

outside of Arthur and Gus nobody is beating Jon @ 205:)

ABE FROMAN site profile image

3/19/14 6:05 AM by ABE FROMAN

I don't really worry about him but he should worry about me.

MMA apparel and training equipment
MMA clothing and gear