Dan Hardy: I definitely plan on getting back in there

by @JonathanShrager |

Dan Hardy recently took a role as a commentator on for the UFC on some international events after being sidelined by a heart condition. Of course the role is a welcome one for Hardy, but fighting is definitely still on his mind. Hardy recently spoke to the Underground Jonathan Shrager about his desire to return and how his new role keeps him in the game.

Jonathan Shrager: The obvious question is to ask about your as a mixed martial artist. Do you still harbor ambitions of getting back in the cage I imagine?

Dan Hardy: I definitely plan on getting back in there. It’s just the process of getting cleared and being able to now. It’s kind of frustrating, but not be honest, this commentating job came at the right time it’s given me a new challenge to focus on. And I’m able to stay very close to the sport, and still learn from the sport, from the fighters, and just be a fan. I can still evolve as a martial artist in this role. That’s the best part about it. As the sports evolving, I can be there to witness it firsthand, and take that into the gym and keep evolving myself. Then when the time comes for me to return, I won’t be out of touch.

Watch the entire interview to see how Hardy is enjoying his new position as UFC commentator.

Punishment Athletics Not For Everybody Shirt

Punishment Athletics Not For Everybody Shirt

Venum Dan \

Venum Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy Fight Shorts

tags: Dan Hardy (detail)  video

WrestleFook site profile image

3/24/14 4:32 AM by WrestleFook

TTT for Aaron Becker.

WrestleFook site profile image

3/23/14 10:07 AM by WrestleFook

I think I've won by him running away.

GnP Sonnen site profile image

3/22/14 10:40 AM by GnP Sonnen

Stfu

GnP Sonnen site profile image

3/22/14 10:39 AM by GnP Sonnen

Looks like you are too. He gave his opinion on a fighter he doesnt care for. Im sure youve never said anything negative about a fighter.

swedsteve site profile image

3/22/14 10:31 AM by swedsteve

Id def care if he never fought again. You tho???? A p.o.s. like you??? Dont think anyone would care.If your still fighting please have a crippling career ending injury so you can find some shitty job that you hate. No enjoyment in your job/life. Would you like that? And btw if you enjoy killing animals that have no chance of escape or you just make em trophies and you get off on that shit. Like you get your jollies from literally killing a helpless animal and showing it off. Your fucked up and dont deserve happiness.

WrestleFook site profile image

3/22/14 3:46 AM by WrestleFook

I think he's out due to fear of the great white unknown.

Shaper108 site profile image

3/20/14 11:14 PM by Shaper108

In...just to see a possible outcome of Aaron vs. Wrestlefook.

ChaosOverkill site profile image

3/20/14 10:59 PM by ChaosOverkill

Culling and hunting to eat something are awesome to me. Shooting something to pose for a picture and brag or under "God gave us dominion bla bla bla", is demented to me, that's just how it occurs to me. So I got no problem if you even trophy hunt as long as you eat the fucking thing and if it can't be eaten or you won't, don't kill it for sport, and it's hilarious to me that people ascribe not wanting to waste the animal as "not redneck". Killing and using all of the animal is pretty much live in the woods survivalist M.O. killing for fun is what demented suburban children high on sugar do.

chaplinshouse site profile image

3/20/14 10:50 PM by chaplinshouse

Jon: cool. if u get down to having to worry about gear PM me and i'll have some recommendations for whatever budget you're working with. sounds like u have it covered tho with your pro crew on the next gig. and btw u can use a shotgun for an interview, just hold it low on your body pointed up towards your mouth, and try to keep it the same distance (a few feet) from your interview subject. camera audio tends to be shitty tho even with an external mic so maybe one day look into getting an external field recorder. a zoom h4n is a common choice due to affordability, sound quality and stereo xlr inputs. then just sync it up in post with your editing software

OG 12er site profile image

3/20/14 7:57 PM by OG 12er

I like Dan Hardy. Didn't like him at first - thought he was obnoxious. Now I like the guy but I don't want to see him taking a health risk for my pleasure.

MMA apparel and training equipment
BLACK FRIDAY