Ortiz: I'm just waiting for Bellator to call

It has been more than seven months since Tito Ortiz signed with Bellator FC, but he has yet to step inside the Bellator cage. After recovering from his latest injury, now Ortiz is training and ready to fight whenever Bellator asks:

“We spoke with [Bellator],” said Ortiz. “I made the mistake with the UFC of trying to be the middleman, I just left it to my attorneys to deal with [Bellator]. I told them that I want to fight. I told them that I’m ready to go. I left it to them to get it done. I’m just training and waiting for the call [to know who and when I’m fighting].”

As for whom Ortiz will face when he returns, that is still very much up in the air. Although a fight with Rampage would still be a considerable draw for Bellator, Ortiz isn’t targeting anyone in particular. He just wants to fight again.

“When they call, I’m ready. Whoever it is, I don’t care.”

Punishment Athletics Air Tito Shirt

Punishment Athletics Air Tito Shirt

Punishment Athletics Hexed Shirt

Punishment Athletics Hexed Shirt

tags: Tito Ortiz (detail)  Bellator

teamquestnorth site profile image

3/23/14 9:48 AM by teamquestnorth

Agreed.I have no plans to buy this card whatsoever. However if tito vs randleman is signed (and actually happens) I would buy in an instant.

THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX site profile image

3/23/14 9:39 AM by THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX

by comparing them to other fighters! IE Tito is a MUCH bigger draw than ANYTHING Bellator has to offer! no one is saying tito will get them 300,000 buys, were saying Tito will help get more than if he is not on the ppv card. and some of us still like to watch the stars and legends of the past fight. Tito vs Randleman is fight i'd watch ALL DAY over 70% of the watered down BS midget fights UFC offers us!

Bellator Fan site profile image

3/23/14 8:45 AM by Bellator Fan

His contract is with Viacom not Bellator.

rockafella site profile image

3/23/14 7:35 AM by rockafella

Didn't he break his neck a couple months ago and have to be pulled from a fight?

BigSleep site profile image

3/23/14 3:43 AM by BigSleep

How long before Tito leaves a drunken rambling message on Bellator's voicemail?

RollHighAllDay site profile image

3/23/14 3:09 AM by RollHighAllDay

He's most definitely screening calls.

The Sultan site profile image

3/22/14 10:12 PM by The Sultan

Who determines who or what fight is a draw? I see people say this fighter is a draw or that fighter isnt a draw. Where do people get this info?5 years ago Tito wasnt a huge draw and now hes even less of a draw IMO.

Buff Bagginz site profile image

3/22/14 8:37 PM by Buff Bagginz

Who is the toughest guy in Bellator? Who is the monster of that org?Put Tito Vs A Savage that will beat the absolute crap out of him and send his ass packing. No pulling out of fight beforehand either. You either gna fight or run and hide??

FCFBlazer site profile image

3/22/14 7:57 PM by FCFBlazer

I don't think bellator wants to honor the contract $ they agreed to.

Gullivers Travels site profile image

3/22/14 7:55 PM by Gullivers Travels

LOL Tito's gonna have to hold a press conference with his doctor saying he's healthy enough to fight in order for Bjorn to put him on a card.