Gina Carano 'very open' to a return to MMA

Last week rumors were circulating that the UFC was talking to Gina Carano about a return to fighting. UFC President Dana White denied those rumors, but Fox Sports recently spoke to Carano and although she gave no details, stated she was open to a return under the right circumstances:

"I don't mind it at all. I've never retired. I've never officially said that," Carano said. "For some reason a part of me has always kept it open. I don't know, there's a certain part of me that thinks if circumstances were right, and I could keep doing what I'm trying to make my future into, that's an ideal world. If circumstances were right, you never know. I'm very open to it."

The circumstances could mean any number of scenarios, but first and foremost Carano still wants to be able to pursue her acting career without sacrificing the foundation she's built in the past five years. While she couldn't reveal the nature of how far her discussions have gone about coming back, Carano did say there have been some interesting conversations already, and she's open to the possibility of returning if everything falls perfectly into place.

"I feel like I can't say too much. I've got all this information that if I could just speak freely, this is actually what's going on," Carano teased. "I wish I could open up my mind and tell you exactly the things that I've seen and the conversations that I've had, but I think to sum it up in a nice, safe way for me is if circumstances were right, and if it's a good enough circumstance (I would come back) because my first love is MMA.

"It's not something that I ever really like to share with people, it's something that I did because it made me feel good. I had no idea how popular MMA was ever going to get. It's just something that really straightened me out. It wasn't yoga, it wasn't anything else, and it still is something that I practice and I love to train. Of course I haven't trained for a fight in a long time, so it gets kind of interesting when these rumors start coming up. But if I ever did do something like that, I would want the circumstances to be correct and right."

TapouT Women\'s Everyday I Fight Shirt (Breast Cancer Awareness)

TapouT Women's Everyday I Fight Shirt (Breast Cancer Awareness)

Bad Boy Brazil Cadet Hat

Bad Boy Brazil Cadet Hat

tags: Gina Carano

MMAFAN167 site profile image

3/26/14 10:09 PM by MMAFAN167

Ginaa all day. No sure about Honda. Honda needs attitude and personality adjustment.

AceAtGSU site profile image

3/26/14 9:18 PM by AceAtGSU

Who does she think she is kidding here? She isn't coming back unless acting completely dries up and isn't paying her any more.

JustAnotherMMAFan site profile image

3/26/14 8:26 AM by JustAnotherMMAFan

Which of those are natural 125 lbers.?As far as I know, only Rousey and Marloes Coenen have fought at 135 lbs., and both of them are natural 145 lbers.You could have a point about Rousey, but, as far as Marloes Coenen, she was clearly not the same at 135 lbs. Her optimum weight is 145 lbs.Rousey could fight at both 135 lbs. and 145 lbs.

Jesús X site profile image

3/26/14 8:13 AM by Jesús X

a lot of these girls are natural 135 er and even 125 ers femma world class elite fighters are from 135 and under , rousey is 5'6" ,being 5'6" and walking around at 145 is large for a woman, judo ronda and MMA ronda are also different body types she is much leaner and smaller now than in her judo days.

Unicron site profile image

3/26/14 7:16 AM by Unicron

Man, she is really easy on the eyes.

JustAnotherMMAFan site profile image

3/26/14 7:02 AM by JustAnotherMMAFan

UFC's 145 lb. division could be very interesting and competitive with Carano, Cyborg, Rousey (she was originally a featherweight), Marloes Coenen, Julia Budd, Ediene Gomes, Marina Shafir, Veronica Rothenhauser, Randi Miller (Olympic bronze medalist in wrestling), Faith Van Duin, Talita Nogueira and Taylor Stratford.

HiHu site profile image

3/26/14 3:58 AM by HiHu

This thread needs more pic and more blue to embed the pics :D

Jesús X site profile image

3/26/14 3:20 AM by Jesús X

I would pay money to watch Rousey eat gina's gina, can cyborg even make 135 ,Rousey is 5'6" 135 lbs maybe cuts 10 , cyborg is a legit 5'9" 145 + ,i'm 5'8 178 lbs ,when I met cyborg in hshe was my size, I also met gina and she was close to my size too, never met rousey.

WillyMaunawili site profile image

3/26/14 1:26 AM by WillyMaunawili

So fucking hotSubd for pics and gifsI couldn't care less if she was making her comeback or not

uniquetechnique site profile image

3/26/14 1:20 AM by uniquetechnique

Ronda had Meisha for breakfast, McMann for Lunch and will have Cyborg for Dinner..Gina would just be her appetizer