Jones: 'I would have to be one of the biggest draws right now'

Although the UFC does not publish it's PPV revenue numbers, insiders such as Dave Meltzer often give fairly accurate estimations. With the loss of Georges St-Pierre and Anderson Silva, the UFC only has a few stars that can really draw PPV numbers.

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones believe is one of the the top:

“I would imagine that I would have to be one of the biggest draws right now in the sport, especially with Anderson (Silva) and Georges not being around,” Jones told MMAjunkie. “But I don’t think about that too much. My biggest thing is winning fights. Winning fights and growing more comfortable in my own skin each year. I’m really happy where I’m at right now.”

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

UFC Ready for Battle Shirt

UFC Ready for Battle Shirt

tags: Jon Jones (detail)

Backstreet21 site profile image

4/5/14 2:22 PM by Backstreet21

I think a lot of his lagging ppv sales have to do more with the lack of exposure his opponents get in comparison to him.

frederic site profile image

4/5/14 2:14 PM by frederic

There's such a lag time between his two fights a year that it's easy to forget he's around. Plus, I'm not looking forward to his next fight like I have for other champs. Definitely talented, but he seems to conjure up a lot of apathy instead of excitement.

Gspthegoat site profile image

4/5/14 10:00 AM by Gspthegoat

Everyone wanted to see him get whooped gsp. We seen that but the craziest thing is he could very well smack around Hendricks

AdmiralCackbar site profile image

4/5/14 9:43 AM by AdmiralCackbar

Silva was hit or miss. He had some huge buy rates though. Weidman II - 1 millionSonnen II - 900k +Belfort - 700k +Sonnen I - 600k

Knockoutimus site profile image

4/5/14 9:39 AM by Knockoutimus

LOL Jones is sooo fucking obnoxious, it's gross. He should really have PR people advising him because he makes it so damn hard to be a fan.

easedel site profile image

4/5/14 9:23 AM by easedel

Why is everyone talking Silva too? One of the reasons he wanted a superfight was to piggy back off GSPs drawing power. Silva was NOT that good of a draw

easedel site profile image

4/5/14 9:21 AM by easedel

Why is he an idiot? For not liking the guy, having zero interest in him? Thats his opinion ya fuck. I don't like the guy either

AdmiralCackbar site profile image

4/5/14 9:11 AM by AdmiralCackbar

I highly doubt it. His fight with Condit, who is one of the most exciting fighters in MMA, did 400k. Diaz is a decent draw, and sold great when combined with the biggest ppv draw in the sport's history, but any card he's on without GSP would be 450k at best. Jones vs Rashad did 700k. I can't see any Diaz fight doing better unless it's on a stacked card.

FEDORallDAY site profile image

4/5/14 9:04 AM by FEDORallDAY

Nicks one of those guys people just want to watch, the haters wouldnt admit it but if they booked Diaz v ANYONE for the next few months it'd most likely be the biggest selling PPV of the past 2 years outside of GSP/Silva fights

AdmiralCackbar site profile image

4/5/14 8:44 AM by AdmiralCackbar

It all comes from the GSP fight. That was his only fight that sold really well. Though mist GSP fights sell.