Complete UFC Fight 39 results

The UFC Fight Night 39: Nogueira vs. Nelson took place Friday, April 11th in Abu Dhabi and the entire card was broadcast only on UFC's Fight Pass.

Main Card (Live on UFC Fight Pass, 2:00 PM ET)
-Roy Nelson defeated Antonio Nogueira by KO (Punch, 1st Round, 3:37)
-Clay Guida defeated Tatsuya Kawajiri by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
-Ryan Laflare defeated John Howard by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
-Ramsey Nijem defeated Beneil Dariush by TKO (Strikes, 1st Round, 4:20)

Preliminary Bouts (Live on UFC Fight Pass, 11:30 AM ET)
-Jared Rosholt defeated Daniel Omielanczuk by Unanimous Decision
-Rani Yahya vs. Johnny Bedford declared a no-contest (Accidental Headbutt, Round 1, 0:39)
-Thales Leites defeated Trevor Smith by TKO (Punches, 1st Round, 0:45)
-Jim Alers defeated Alan Omer by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Affliction Speed Star Reversible Shirt

Affliction Speed Star Reversible Shirt

Fear the Fighter Roy Nelson UFC 166 Walkout Shirt

Fear the Fighter Roy Nelson UFC 166 Walkout Shirt

devils advocate site profile image

4/12/14 1:40 PM by devils advocate

sub

Sukulaku site profile image

4/12/14 5:12 AM by Sukulaku

I'm kind of torn on this. On one hand it looked like Dariush had some fight left in him and he never gave up. On the other hand he was getting tagged constantly with big shots and didn't look like he even tried to defend himself. Tough to say if it was a late stoppage but I felt really bad watching it. Would have been better for everyone if the fight was stopped earlier.

Endowedwelter site profile image

4/12/14 12:52 AM by Endowedwelter

I didn't think it was too late at all.

The Acorn site profile image

4/12/14 12:06 AM by The Acorn

Nog was sliping the right hand early , but then Roy started throwing in combinations and I don't think big nog had a plan for that.

TalkShowOnMute site profile image

4/11/14 11:52 PM by TalkShowOnMute

Well kinda... But that one punch he does has can KO like 99.9% of the people on the planet. Its crazy powerful.He doesn't have a bad grappling game at all though. It's actually pretty solid big man jiu jitsu.

Bisping decisioned my SN site profile image

4/11/14 11:44 PM by Bisping decisioned my SN

Premature in my opinion...

Chromium site profile image

4/11/14 11:17 PM by Chromium

That ref for the Nijem/Dariush fight, Neil Hall.... next time he should really wait until the loser's heart stops beating, just to be sure. Seriously, that fucker should be banned from the sport. I cannot remember a later stoppage than that.

CaptainAhab site profile image

4/11/14 10:33 PM by CaptainAhab

Great KO.It's always sad to see Nog get finish decisively- something that was all but unthinkable at one time.

Animal Mother site profile image

4/11/14 9:39 PM by Animal Mother

Johnny Bedford acted like a complete asshole. It couldn't be any clearer it was a NC. I'll root against that guy forever.

Gingy the great site profile image

4/11/14 9:10 PM by Gingy the great

What a tremendous KO for Nelson! It's just to bad it had to happen to a living Legend like Nogueira. I remember when Heath Herring through that head kicked that knocked big nog off his feat and dazed him pretty good and he recovered I. No time. I think it's time for Big Nog to hang up the gloves! Nelson and Barnett would be a great match, stylistically I can see Nelson having a hard time with Mr. Metal