Camozzi vs. Craig cancelled at UFN 39

Fighting overseas can be tough on a fighter. You have to usually travel earlier than you would normally, adjust to a new time zone and weather, and over come jet let etc. Now imagine going through all that to learn the day before that you won't be fighting:

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) has been forced to scrap the middleweight contest between Andrew Craig and Chris Camozzi at UFC Fight Night 39, after "Highlight" was felled by tonsillitis, according to Fighters Only.

"Very sad to say my fight with Andrew Craig has been called off due to Craig being sick," Camozzi wrote earlier today on Twitter. "Hopefully he recovers quickly."

The promotion has not yet revealed if Craig and Camozzi will hook 'em up at a later date.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

JAKKS Pacific Series 1 Evan Tanner Action Figure

JAKKS Pacific Series 1 Evan Tanner Action Figure

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

ilovetortillas site profile image

4/12/14 12:57 PM by ilovetortillas

No worries. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. And I am not easily offended. You should know this by now. :P

RicGillespie site profile image

4/11/14 9:33 PM by RicGillespie

All good friend. My apologies for the insult.

ilovetortillas site profile image

4/11/14 6:14 PM by ilovetortillas

I meant to mention that another mod clued me in on the joke. My bad, bro.

time traveling 12er site profile image

4/11/14 2:15 AM by time traveling 12er

Sucks.  At least he gets his show money I suppose, but then looses the opportunity at a win bonus.  Hopefully it's a quick turn around and this camp doesn't end up getting wasted.

Hong Kong Phooey site profile image

4/11/14 12:59 AM by Hong Kong Phooey

ozzi

RicGillespie site profile image

4/10/14 10:57 PM by RicGillespie

303 site profile image

4/10/14 5:47 PM by 303

Sucks to not get the fight, but I have known Chris and he always shows up to fight. Of course I always wish to see my friends fight, but Chris is also one of the most entertaining fighters in the UFC as he comes to fight every time he gets in the cage. Would have been a great fight.

Ingrained Media site profile image

4/10/14 1:35 PM by Ingrained Media

Both Chris and Andrew suffer the same here. Cancelations is just one of the realties of Combat Sports, "events are subject to change". The UFC made every effort (really limited options) to try to find a replacement, Chris made weight but no fight will happen. We hope Andrew gets better and makes a speedy recovery. Chris will attend the fights and then come home and get back to training. We will get something booked soon.We are thankful to all of Chris's sponsors like Enesco Energy, Revgear, Vecere Little PC, Boze, Reddit, Alienware, and Coffee Direct.

Galanis site profile image

4/10/14 1:03 PM by Galanis

Hope Chris gets paid show and win money.

ShanTheMan site profile image

4/10/14 1:02 PM by ShanTheMan

Chris flew all the way to abu dhabi too...fuck I hope they pay him something