Carmouche: I'd be surprised if Rousey vs. Carano lasts over 10 seconds

Few disagree that in boxing today, Jack Johnson would clean house. Not so with mixed martial arts. MMA is in a constant state of evolution, and the stars of the past are not at the level of current champions.

The first UFC champion, the legendary Royce Gracie discovered this when he fought Matt Hughes in 2006. Gracie was not competitive, and lost in the first.

Former UFC women's bantamweight title challenger foresees the same future for former Strikeforce women's 145 pound champion Gina Carano.

“I would be surprised if [Carano] lasted more than 10 seconds against Ronda," Carmouche told MMAJunkie's Mike Bohn. "I think it’s something that would end pretty shortly.”

“I don’t know about [Carano's] training. I know she’s participating in a lot of different films these days, and that her main focus has been Hollywood. I don’t know how her training has been in the last five years.”

“If it happens, awesome. I’ll definitely watch the fight because I always watch the woman fight, and that includes Ronda Rousey.”

Carmouche lasted 289 seconds vs. Rousey at UFC 157 over a year ago. How do you think Carano would do vs. Ronda Rousey?

Bad Boy Brazil Cadet Hat

Bad Boy Brazil Cadet Hat

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

tags: UFC   Gina Carano   Liz Carmouce   Ronda Rousey (detail)

Gennady Goblin site profile image

4/13/14 10:30 AM by Gennady Goblin

No, I'm not talking about a 1 hitter quitter. I mean she has NEVER had a knockout, EVER. Her handful of TKO's are literally either freak injuries like her opponent rolling an ankle, or her opponent's nose bleeding and the ref waving it off after a few rounds. She simply does not have KO power in her punches. And in all those fights, she gets wrapped up in clinches. And when you don't have KO power and you routinely get wrapped in clinches, you're not gonna survive against the best judo player in MMA. Period.

jds13 site profile image

4/13/14 8:07 AM by jds13

I am pretty surprised that a lot of people think that Rousey would beat Carano so quickly. I do think Rousey would ultimately win, but Ginas stand up is rather good and much better than Rouseys too. The second the fight goes to the ground however, forget about it.

blueberrycoconutmilk site profile image

4/12/14 6:43 PM by blueberrycoconutmilk

It would be total love fest. Honda has nothing bad to say about Gina. She loves Gina. It would be a contest of who would play up to the camera better. From past gifs, I think that would be Gina, but Ronda is evolving.

StretchPlum site profile image

4/12/14 6:41 PM by StretchPlum

Johnson would clean up the arena maybe.

WirralJudo site profile image

4/12/14 5:10 PM by WirralJudo

I agree 100% but think Ronda wins

biva site profile image

4/12/14 4:27 PM by biva

Pretty much what Tate was doing until she thought it'd be a good idea to run head long into a judo throw instead.

shaqitup site profile image

4/12/14 3:57 PM by shaqitup

their judgement is clouded by her hotness and jealousy.

Adulterous_Zucchini site profile image

4/12/14 3:47 PM by Adulterous_Zucchini

Few disagree that Jack Johnson would clean house in boxing today? Lol gtfo of here with that bullshit. He wouldn't even be a journeyman

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun site profile image

4/12/14 3:46 PM by ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

Gina is undefeated, losing to a cheating he-she doesn't count as a loss. She will give Ronda all she can handle, and her clinch is pretty good and she is a heavy girl

Meohfumado site profile image

4/12/14 3:41 PM by Meohfumado

Jack Johnson?!?Was the writer of this article an centenarian writing on a typewriter while they were waiting for their daily milk delivery?

MMA apparel and training equipment
MMA clothing and gear