Guida tempts McGregor with a five round, chest hair sandwich

Clay Guida beat Tatsuya Kawajiri by unanimous decision at UFC Fight Night 39 in Abu Dhabi on Friday. Then, in an interview with UFC commentator Dan Hardy, he called out Conor McGregor.

"There's someone out there, the UFC's protecting this leprechaun," said Guida as transcribed by BloodyElbow. "He got called out earlier (by Jim Alers). Conor McGregor, I don't call anybody out - after your injury, after your heal up, if you want to fight a real man there ain't no gold at the end of that rainbow just a chest hair sandwich from a mullet with a caveman attached to it."

Guida expanded on the remarks at the post-fight press con.

"You know, he doesn't really rub me the wrong way," said Guida. "I believe he's got all the talents, but we haven't seen him tested yet. It's good to see up-and-comers get a lot of publicity like him. But I think maybe the fact that him and my good friend and teammate Cub Swanson had a little beef one night at a show, the fact that they're keeping him in close quarters and keeping an eye on him, by fighting in his own country. Let's see what he's made of. It doesn't have to be his next fight, but let's let him get a little momentum and put him in there against a guy that's got some experience, and we'll see what he's made of."

"Five rounds is my thing. If you want to see that guy cry, put him in there with me for five rounds."

McGregor, who recovering from surgery to repair a torn ACL, and is plans to fight in July 19, when the UFC goes to his hometown of Dublin, Ireland.

Affliction Gracie Fighter Shirt

Affliction Gracie Fighter Shirt

Venum Dan \

Venum Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy Fight Shorts

ChaosOverkill site profile image

4/14/14 6:05 PM by ChaosOverkill

want to see me cry? Make me watch Maynard vs Guida on repeat.

Zed Wayne Zed site profile image

4/14/14 6:04 PM by Zed Wayne Zed

You need to re-think this post. :) ^

SeanyBooy site profile image

4/14/14 6:01 PM by SeanyBooy

Sleepy tears from boredom?

Son of Neckbone site profile image

4/14/14 5:51 PM by Son of Neckbone

Conor's corner better bring in some floss for between rounds.Take my word for it, chest hair is a real bitch to get stuck in your teeth.

MickColins site profile image

4/14/14 4:43 PM by MickColins

Exactly. What he's saying is "I'm sure I can make it look like I was more active than you got three rounds out of five."

Wholesome site profile image

4/14/14 3:28 PM by Wholesome

I think Conor Mcgregor takes it.His hands are going to be much better and his wrestling, although we havent seen much of it looks to be pretty dynamic.Guida wont be able to Guida Mcgregor. I think Conor takes a decision. Would definitely like to see this fight though. Make it happen bald father

lordbreakdown site profile image

4/14/14 2:28 PM by lordbreakdown

This whole "....for 5 rounds" thing is what annoys the piss out of fans. Why assume 5 rounds? Don't you plan in finishing him if, ya know, you're attempting to make him cry? It says a lot about the mind frame of Clay and I like him, even as a fighter. But you gotta be more aggressive than that

Toquinho site profile image

4/14/14 2:00 PM by Toquinho

I watched many fights and yes.. Mcgregor talks a lot and i either line or dislike him but.. This conor got serious skills.. Boxing, footwork, angles, cardio, composure, bjj, wrestling and he has no fear or jitters. Guida is good but wild and i think conor will pick him apart like he did brimmage, maybe take more time but guida wont last 5 rounds... Unless he somehow manages to blanket conor but i doubt it. More like guida vs mendes. Hope conor faces cole in dublin. Guida can face porier, koch

fan4000 site profile image

4/14/14 9:38 AM by fan4000

I like watching him too. I like watching everyone really, even askren.

Dogman site profile image

4/14/14 8:46 AM by Dogman

Yeah, fuck it if mcgregor can't defend the takedown. Give Guida the "Shields/Askrins we want wangers" treatment...THE ULTIMATE STAND & WANG CHAMPIONSHIP! ...lol