Jones: I think I am a little arrogant

Mike Chiapetta via Fox Sports

At only twenty six years of age, Jon Jones is a seven time defending light heavyweight champion. That would make anyone a little cocky and arrogant, something Jones himself even admitted to a recent interview:

"I think I am. I think I am a little arrogant," he said on Monday. "I think it's really important. The thing about me I say all the time is, I notice that I'm full of myself and I am arrogant to some degree, but it's obviously only when it comes to talking about MMA, where literally, I do the wildest stuff. I don't think I live like a celebrity at all. All my friends are normal people, normal dudes who do the most normal stuff all the time. But when it comes to MMA, there is a big chip on my shoulder. There is a way that I look at myself, and I think it's really, really important. It's something I'm not really apologetic for. As I get older and as I win more, I start to embrace it even more. The biggest thing is not to be apologetic for it. I realize it's a big part of the reason I'm able to perform out there. The moment I let fear seep is the moment the fights start getting closer and closer. So yeah, I think it's important to be an absolute believer and have that confidence."

UFC Ready for Battle Shirt

UFC Ready for Battle Shirt

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

tags: Jon Jones (detail)  UFC 172

VTCO site profile image

4/24/14 2:58 PM by VTCO

If him and Malki didn't rush into emergency damage control mode and post conflicting stories when the story broke, this third (or is it fourth?) version of events would not seem as ridiculous.

heavyhands09 site profile image

4/24/14 2:55 PM by heavyhands09

Trolling or virgin?

The Brotorious B.I.G site profile image

4/24/14 2:37 PM by The Brotorious B.I.G

I think he's like 13

Jitz93 site profile image

4/24/14 1:56 AM by Jitz93

WTF are you talking about? Did your parents have any other children that lived to adult hood?

I LOVE DIAZ  (no homo) site profile image

4/24/14 1:06 AM by I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)

nice, own that shit as long as it's genuine.that was in response to the "yes I am arrogant" story not this one.

trainhardtwoin site profile image

4/23/14 7:39 PM by trainhardtwoin

You are being highly ignorant.Martial arts have implemented eye pokes and kicks to the knees for years.And in what way was he defeated? He beat Alexander. Maybe instead of running away he should of been being more aggressive. Even I knew Alex was going to lose that decision.

DJmixmasterMobbie site profile image

4/23/14 4:41 PM by DJmixmasterMobbie

get a life.

Zekolas site profile image

4/23/14 1:35 PM by Zekolas

I don't care either way; even if it was Jones himself I don't care.I did find it funny what he said something like "stop being gay homosexuality is a sin"If I recall Jones is not married and has a few kids; if we are talking on the bible isn't sex outside marriage a sin?I would rather fighters be themselves on twitter; say controversial stuff. I just find it funny the UFC wants the fighters to do social media stuff but then wants to censor it down so no one is offended?Whats the point of having a social media presence if you can't even speak your mind?

A bag of ricin site profile image

4/23/14 12:33 PM by A bag of ricin

So Jon Jones' "LOL" might not even be him? Mind bottled.

Johnny Mclain site profile image

4/23/14 11:54 AM by Johnny Mclain

This post makes me agree with you and disagree simultaneously.Well done. Point made.I don't find his eye pokes(instead of jabs) and kicks to the knee artistic though, just dirty.I agree that he is quite fake and trollish as a person.We got to see him defeated in his last fight, to bad the judges had to go and reverse that.Polarizing for sure