Bigfoot blames UFC-hired doc for postive test

Despite being approved for a testosterone replacement regime, Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva failed his post-fight drug test after his fight with Mark Hunt.

Silva recently spoke out about his positive test, blaming the doctor who administered his TRT for improperly dosing him:

Silva blamed Dr. Marcio Tannure, the medical director of the Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA), for testing positive following his fight with Hunt. He said he would sue the doctor, but decided to drop the case.

"I had two lawyers taking care of that, but unfortunately he was hired by the UFC," "Bigfoot" said. "He’s not only the CABMMA doctor now, but also UFC’s doctor in Brazil, so I can’t fight against my employer. I can’t risk losing my job for that.

"I had videos showing him injecting (TRT) on me, I had emails and everything, but I had to give up on that."

Silva won’t be able to continue his testosterone replacement therapy after the Nevada State Athletic Commission and CABMMA banned the treatment, but he found out later it would be for the best.

"After the suspension, I went to two endocrinologists and they told me I should thank God that I was suspended," he said. "They said that if I continued taking the dosage (of hormone) Dr. Tannure told me to, I would have liver cancer in a year."

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Hayabusa Tokushu 4oz MMA Gloves

Hayabusa Tokushu 4oz MMA Gloves

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

tags: Antonio Silva (detail)  Bigfoot

NineFightFour site profile image

5/11/14 3:46 PM by NineFightFour

Good catch! Dudes lies through his teeth. I remember that. Swore he couldn't take steroids because it would kill him then gets prescribed them for a little but, now can't take them cause they will kill him with cancer. This guy should write a bro-science book.

VTFU site profile image

5/11/14 1:35 PM by VTFU

It was the Jack's Links beef jerky.

Fudge Cake site profile image

5/11/14 12:54 PM by Fudge Cake

Caught 1st time: The reason was that he couldn't have been trying to cheat because it could kill him.Caught 2nd time: He actually needs it now (pituitary gland changed its mind) or else he'd have severe health problems and also be able to breast-feed.Now he can't be on it because he'll get liver cancer?I'm looking forward to reading the logic after he's caught next time :)

Pitbull3744 site profile image

5/10/14 6:11 PM by Pitbull3744

You stack it with test

BalloonBollicks site profile image

5/10/14 5:53 PM by BalloonBollicks

Brazilians never get outclassed, they lose because their dog got struck by lightning.Brazilians don't have their legs snapped by solid checks they have accidents.Brazilians don't overdo the gear, it was some cunt bag doctor who was trying to fuck the poor innocent guy over.Brazilians gonna Brazilian

colubrid1 site profile image

5/10/14 4:55 PM by colubrid1

since when does Testosterone cyp or enanth cause liver cancer??What else was he taking? Orals?

colubrid1 site profile image

5/10/14 4:55 PM by colubrid1

Boldenone does not caus eliver cancer either.. it is one of the safest steroids.

The Winter Soldier site profile image

5/10/14 1:39 PM by The Winter Soldier

Site enhancement oils. Synthol.

duckhuntgangsta site profile image

5/10/14 1:08 PM by duckhuntgangsta

what are SEO's?

duckhuntgangsta site profile image

5/10/14 1:07 PM by duckhuntgangsta

I know he's been caught before, that doesn't change the fact that doctors mess up.    He could very well be guilty as sin, I'm bias because of a personal situation involving a doctor fuck-up. They are often given too much credit. I also believe Bigfoot's condition should be the only reason for a TRT exception.

MMA clothing and gear