Dillashaw reaps 100k in performance bonuses

UFC 173
24 May 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada

Fight of the Night: $50,000 to both fighters
TJ Dillashaw defeated Renan Barao by TKO (Ref Stoppage, Round 5, 2:26)

$50,000 Performance Bonus
TJ Dillashaw defeated Renan Barao by TKO (Ref Stoppage, Round 5, 2:26)

$50,000 Performance Bonus
Mitch Clarke defeated Al Iaquinta by Technical Submission (D'Arce Choke, Round 2, 0:57)

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Under Armour The Original Boxerjock 3in Trunk

Under Armour The Original Boxerjock 3in Trunk

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

tags: UFC 173   TJ Dillashaw (detail)  Renan Barao (detail)  video

Macedawgg site profile image

5/26/14 7:11 AM by Macedawgg

Athletes at this level should never have to rely on "help" or "charity."  It should be guarantied pay--for walking into the ring. This mentatility is what keeps overall pay low.

ISawSilva'sBONEr site profile image

5/26/14 6:55 AM by ISawSilva'sBONEr

And lol at people not expecting dc to rag doll Hendo. Old man Henderson actually done better than I thought he would.

ISawSilva'sBONEr site profile image

5/26/14 6:53 AM by ISawSilva'sBONEr

Dc don't deserve shit. Biggest mismatch in UFC history. Hendo was fucken tiny compared to dc. Shitty choke against a half dead opponent vs a guy getting beat up sinking in a darce out of no where. C'mon people.

boneskodaiceman site profile image

5/26/14 6:06 AM by boneskodaiceman

ROTFL!!!

rbl site profile image

5/25/14 10:27 PM by rbl

He'll be moving out of his parents place and buying a second hand car any day now.

Musashi site profile image

5/25/14 10:13 PM by Musashi

Really?! Tell me HOW awesome!? You mean REEEEEALLY awesome?!! Like the BEST EVER!!!!?? Because for me, it was only fucking awesome. It was merely one of the best submissions I have seen in a while. I must be missing something. I'll be sure to take a BJJ class soon. It's something I have always wanted to do!!!

TwentyNineTwentyEight site profile image

5/25/14 9:41 PM by TwentyNineTwentyEight

I'm still in shock.

hipstermike site profile image

5/25/14 9:37 PM by hipstermike

You obviously don't understand how awesome clarke's d'arce choke was. Take a BJJ class then talk. Also, I'm sure that $50k in Clarke's pocket helps him a lot more than it will help Cormier.

zFugitive site profile image

5/25/14 6:49 PM by zFugitive

I like this idea...

Musashi site profile image

5/25/14 6:05 PM by Musashi

Give me a break.NO ONE expect him to rag doll and utterly dominate Hendo and finish by putting him to sleep. No one has EVER done that to Dan.Clark had an awesome sub... Greatest of the year? Nonsense.