Zingano won't receive immediate title fight upon return

Before being injured, Cat Zingano was slated to coach TUF opposite Ronda Rousey and fight her for the women's bantamweight title. Zingano was recently cleared to begin training, but despite her number one ranking, will likely have to earn a title shot at Rousey:

While there is still no exact date for Cat Zingano's return to action following a devastating knee injury, the one thing that is certain is that "Alpha' will not be fighting for the women's bantamweight title in her first fight back.

That's according to UFC President Dana White, who told members of the media during the UFC 173 media scrum that Cat will likely take another fight before re-earning her crack at the crown.

"Cat Zingano is still No. 1 contender, but she will probably fight again before getting Rousey or Alexis Davis," said White (via Damon Martin).

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

UFC Women\'s Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

UFC Women's Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

TexDeuce site profile image

5/27/14 8:29 PM by TexDeuce

TSMontana site profile image

5/27/14 8:26 PM by TSMontana

I'd say, no, she shouldn't...at least not the next one after Carano. Then again, Tate got her rematch right after losing to Zingano.

The Tiger Man site profile image

5/27/14 3:15 PM by The Tiger Man

They'll give her a name but who's on their way out and she can destroy like Bazler.

Kenso site profile image

5/27/14 3:12 PM by Kenso

Fine. But what happens if she looses her next fight? Will she get her shot anyway?

TSMontana site profile image

5/27/14 3:11 PM by TSMontana

this

Pitbull3744 site profile image

5/27/14 3:02 PM by Pitbull3744

OK can we all go back to talking about her ass!!!!!!!!!!!

Mertvaya Ruka site profile image

5/27/14 2:58 PM by Mertvaya Ruka

not a bad thing I think, the division is so small she'll get her shot either way I'm sure.I really like Cat, I really hope she can come back strong and get some of that much deserved glory.

Billyz site profile image

5/27/14 2:27 PM by Billyz

Agree she should have a tune up fight. Her circumstances are extreme. Hell I would be ok with her getting a gimme fight like they did with Gus to keep him busy and keep him earning money.

BobSalvage site profile image

5/27/14 1:59 PM by BobSalvage

I agree after all Cat has been through how amazing would it be if she is the one to dethrone ronda? They want something they can market and relate to the people, Cat's story is the ultimate in perseverance whether she wins or not and while I think Rousey takes it I think Cat could make it interesting and who knows maybe even shock the world. After barao and TJ I really don't think it's too far fetched for her to win

IZASH INDUSTRY site profile image

5/27/14 12:09 PM by IZASH INDUSTRY

In almost any other circumstance, I would agree that anyone who has been out that long shouldnt get a title shot upon return ... but Cat Zingano has been through some really heavy stuff and in all honesty I think she could really use the exposure and paycheck a title shot would give her. I say let her have it.

MMA apparel and training equipment
MMA clothing and gear