Belfort issues statement, admits to failed drug test

Back in February the Nevada State Athletic Commission tested Vitor Belfort while he was in Vegas, but those results were never released. Belfort was later removed from the UFC 175 card with the UFC citing issues with licensing in time to promote the bout. Earlier this week it was revealed that those results would be made public next week at the NSAC hearing, but today Belfort released a statement on the results:

RVCA Belfort Flag Shirt

RVCA Belfort Flag Shirt

RVCA Vitor Belfort UFC Fight Night Cornerman Shirt

RVCA Vitor Belfort UFC Fight Night Cornerman Shirt

tags: Vitor Belfort (detail)

BshMstr site profile image

6/10/14 5:43 PM by BshMstr

i find it odd that you act so offended about this, but when it comes to the actual science behind your claims, there is absolutely no proof.if you are as honorable as you claim to be, then you wouldn't suggest advice for a product that physically can't provide the kind of results that you claim it could.

Another Foob site profile image

6/10/14 5:34 PM by Another Foob

I'm being completely honest. Disagreeing with the causal relationship between a dhea supplement and testosterone increase is fine. I don't have any opinion on that whatsoever. Accusing me of being deliberately dishonest is extremely insulting. If you knew me personally, you'd never think that. But you don't, which makes it even more absurd to hang that sign on me.I know it's the internet, and it's pointless to care what anybody says. But it just drives me nuts that you can't be anonymous and still maintain a socially acceptable standard of discourse.

BshMstr site profile image

6/9/14 9:22 PM by BshMstr

good point...

DonFreedomFrye site profile image

6/9/14 8:09 PM by DonFreedomFrye

Even crazier and more unbelievable, he claims that his "buddy" went from 350 ng/dL to over 2200 ng/dL "just from that over-the-counter supplement".

BshMstr site profile image

6/9/14 7:56 PM by BshMstr

that' wasn't particularly insulting... you claimed that someone went from the low-normal level of testosterone (400-ish?) to 1400 by using a supplement that has a mountain of scientific evidence that shows it does not increase testosterone.disinformation like that is what gets people hurt.

Another Foob site profile image

6/9/14 4:31 PM by Another Foob

Dude, I'm not a chemist. Not one detail of what I told you was untrue to the best of my knowledge. It also wasn't a double blind clinical trial. For all I know, something else we did had a positive impact on our T levels. I'm just telling you what happened.Hurling insults is so unnecessary. But thanks for making an mma forum unfun. Sheesh.

Another Foob site profile image

6/9/14 4:26 PM by Another Foob

Is that a serious question? I would never encourage somebody to take that stuff without the recommendation of a professional. I only even posted a link to the product page, because BshMstr thought I might be confused about the product label.Let's be clear: I am not making any statement about any supplements. I have no expertise on the matter. I have only this one particular experience, which I described in complete detail.My actual point was that 1400 isn't "off the charts", as some other commenters seemed to believe.

BshMstr site profile image

6/9/14 1:02 AM by BshMstr

.... you're clearly lying.7-keto DHEA is one of many metabolites of Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA),[9] where DHEA is converted into 7?-hydroxyDHEA (Oxysterol 7?-hydroxylase,[10] CYP3A4/5,[11] or CYP7B1[10][12]) and then can be converted into 7?-hydroxyDHEA via 11?-HSD type 1[13][14] and this conversion can occurs in a wide variety of tissues including the brain, spleen, thymus, perianal skin, ventral skin, intestine, colon, coecum and skeletal muscle.[15][16][17] 11?-HSD type 1 can then convert either 7? or 7? hydroxyDHEA into 7-oxo-DHEA (synonymous with 7-keto).[18][19] Due to the irreversibility of the Oxysterol 7?-hydroxylase and CYP3A4/5 enzymes, there is no conversion of these three molecules back into parent DHEA, and the metabolism of DHEA into androgenic or estrogenic precursors (into androstenedione via 3?-HSD) cannot occur following 7-keto supplementation.[17]http://examine.com/supplements/7-Keto+DHEA/

Musashi site profile image

6/8/14 4:14 PM by Musashi

So I have been more uncivil than those who have been bashing Vitor? Interesting.

DonFreedomFrye site profile image

6/8/14 3:36 PM by DonFreedomFrye

How much do they pay you to hock their shit on forums?

MMA apparel and training equipment
MMA clothing and gear