White: Arlovski vs. Schaub sucked

UFC president Dana White has long described himself as first and foremost a huge fan of the sport. Thus it was as a fan rather than a promoter that he first addressed Saturday night's Andrei Arlovski vs. Brendan Schaub.

"I think everyone would agree that fight sucked," said White post fight, as transcribed by MMAFighting. "That fight was horrible. Do you know who lost in that fight? The fans. The fans lost in that fight... I made a big mistake putting that on the main card that should be on the prelims."

Immediately post fight Schaub said "I just beat Andrei Arlovski."

Schaub reiterated the thoughts in a tweet.

Brendan Schaub @BrendanSchaub
Guys I'm fine! Just got cleared by the docs thanks for the support. We know who won that fight

White disagrees.

"For anybody to think he got robbed, the first two rounds could have gone either way," said White. "First two rounds could have gone either way, and the third round, Schaub won the third round."

"For Schaub to walk around to think he got robbed is hysterical. First of all, Arlovski looked slow. Arlovski looked soft. Arlovski looked like he couldn't get off tonight. And neither one of them threw any punches in the first two rounds and Schaub still looked like he got hit with a baseball bat. For him to think he was robbed tonight is absolute comedy."

Harsh words but let's be real: the fight sucked. Schaub was spamming an overhand right and Arlovski was just standing there barely getting out of the way of it before clinching up against the fence and forcing a stalemate.

At the post-fight press conference, Arlovksi related what was going on in his head.

"For some reason, I was nervous a lot," he said. "When I stepped inside the Octagon, my hands, my legs shook for some reason. I was just nervous more than the first time when I fought 14 years ago almost. Next time I promise I'm going to do much better."

And for the record, the first time Arlovski fought was versus Datsik, the craziest fighter in the history of mixed martial arts, and Arlovski got knocked out.

It's not Dan Quinn, it's Datsik. If Datsik had a well used YouTube ca

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

UFC Elite Series Open Face Headgear

UFC Elite Series Open Face Headgear

dragoon247 site profile image

6/15/14 6:45 PM by dragoon247

At least schaub didnt hold him down all fight and immediately shoot for a take down.

Warrior Bahn site profile image

6/15/14 6:31 PM by Warrior Bahn

Im not a fan of either

ChaosOverkill site profile image

6/15/14 4:57 PM by ChaosOverkill

WE all know who won the Rothwell fight   -Team Slaub

Donald Sterling Fan site profile image

6/15/14 4:53 PM by Donald Sterling Fan

Personally, i thought Arlovski looked pretty good in the few scrambles that happened.When he popped up from guard in the 3rd he looked fluid, he didn't really look gassed, and when Arlovski eventually went forward and tried to strike he looked pretty fast for a HW, but when he did Swab went for a double.Horrible fight, but i was really surprised Arlovski matched Swabs speed and athleticism. I thought he would not be able to keep up at all.

ChaosOverkill site profile image

6/15/14 4:49 PM by ChaosOverkill

You and your butt buddies are so objective about who wins your fights I bet.   Too bad it wasn't Hunt, he would have squashed you like a grape.

inf0 site profile image

6/15/14 4:44 PM by inf0

TIL Schaub with chubby cheeks looks like Frank Murr

Warrior Bahn site profile image

6/15/14 3:59 PM by Warrior Bahn

I thought Schaub was going for it, and that he won. Seems like AA was wall n stalling and playing it safe more so

TwentyNineTwentyEight site profile image

6/15/14 3:55 PM by TwentyNineTwentyEight

Again, I stated there wasn't much to go on in the 1st rnd. but, the harder shots were thrown and landed by Schaub.It outweighed Andrei's grappling, aggression and Octagon control since none of it was  effective.

TwentyNineTwentyEight site profile image

6/15/14 3:44 PM by TwentyNineTwentyEight

Maybe that's because you don't have the experience to see it.

Kemics site profile image

6/15/14 3:44 PM by Kemics

I don't want to go all bj penn and say it should be scored on damage. But the first two rounds were absolute squeakers, could really have gone either way. However, with a couple of arguably (10/10 rounds (wish they'd use them more often) ive no problem with the guy who's sustained more damage losing. Significant strikes is such a weird term. If one guy is fine and the other is bust up. Then whose strikes were more 'significant'

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!