Arlovski: I felt horrible about performance

UFC 174 wasn't exactly the upcoming former heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski wanted. The former most feared man in the heavyweight division put on a mostly disappointing fight, beating Brendan Schaub by decision. At the post-fight press conference, Arlovski addressed his performance:

“Honestly, I felt and I still feel really horrible,” he told MMAjunkie after the event. I’m glad Dana White isn’t here because he’s probably so pissed at me.

“He gave me a great opportunity, and I didn’t like my performance, my fight, tonight.”

“That’s why I was kind of mad,” he said of his post-fight demeanor. “My plan was to knock him out, and it was left up to the judges. But like I said, I wasn’t happy with my performance tonight.

“Next time, I promise I’ll do much better.”

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Submission BJJ Belt

Submission BJJ Belt

Jaco Sugafly Athletics Team Hoodie

Jaco Sugafly Athletics Team Hoodie

Fed site profile image

6/17/14 7:24 AM by Fed

War Pitbull.The KO of Buentello is legend

Jimmy Wrassler site profile image

6/16/14 9:46 PM by Jimmy Wrassler

Holy shit thats funny, I cant imagine hardcore Schaub fans exist other than his friends and family

FightToLive site profile image

6/16/14 9:24 PM by FightToLive

Put him in against the Croat!

Billyz site profile image

6/16/14 4:21 PM by Billyz

Arlovski sells tickets. He usually is not a tentative fighter and I actually believe him when he says the nerves got him. That didn't look like Arlovski out there.

chawkins site profile image

6/16/14 12:54 PM by chawkins

Word. Arlovski was the only reason I bought the PPV, I was curious to see how his comeback would go.

RJJH site profile image

6/16/14 12:37 PM by RJJH

2 guys were in suits, 1 guy was in a bright purple polo shirt and tight jeans, they had 3 chicks with them. when those chicks realized they were the only ones standing and cheering like madmen for Schuab as he walked out, the looks on their face was priceless. it was a look of "what are we doing here with these guys becky?".

StevetheWeasel site profile image

6/16/14 12:36 PM by StevetheWeasel

I look forward to his next fight. Sometimes matchups and circumstances just produce less-than-thrilling fights for a variety of reasons. Schaub was a legit opponent, and it's not as if Andrei looked outmatched, or like he didn't have it. It was just a sort of ugly fight. And he did do enough to win.It's great having him back, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where he goes in the division. I'll happily buy any card he's on.

UGCTT_FryedTakayama site profile image

6/16/14 12:34 PM by UGCTT_FryedTakayama

One of them had to be Bryan Callen haha.

I Take DILLYshaws site profile image

6/16/14 12:29 PM by I Take DILLYshaws

wrong thread

RJJH site profile image

6/16/14 12:26 PM by RJJH

LOL agreed. there was some very hardcore schuab fans infront of my wife and me, very hardcore fans. VERY VERY VERY hardcore schuab fans. they HAD to have been related. no other reason to get that excited haha. I couldnt have been happier with the decision as well. haha.