Rampage: Time for me to think about retirement

After an extraordinary career in Japan's Pride FC, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson moved briefly to the WFA before the UFC acquired tht organization's contracts. In 2007 Jackson beat Chuck Liddell for the UFC light heavyweight championship, before losing it just over a year later to Forrest Griffin.

Rampage lost his last three in the UFC, but enjoyed a career resurgence in Bellator MMA, where he went 3-0. A fight with champion Emanuel Newton seemed obvious, but Jackson trains with and likes Newton, and seemed uninterested.

Now he appears ready to retire.

rampage4real
The1st time Chuck and I fought was in Japan. Pride reps asked me 2 give him a good beating even tho I had 2 fights that night. I lost my 2nd fight that night cause I did what they asked,and they stood up the fight with Wand to soon,in my opinion. MMA hasn't had my back they way I had it's back. Time for me to think about retirement. Or fighting 4 myself..

Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal reacted bluntly, initiating a bitter Twitter quarrel.

King Mo @KingMoFH
@Rampage4real so now u feel some typa way cuz your dick rider got fired and now u wanna retire!!!?

Quinton Jackson @Rampage4real
haha u mad cause I took yo number 1spot huh? U can't fight! It's MMA not high school wrestling,u suck Mo,and u are boring. Shut up

King Mo @KingMoFH
u suck?! Thats what u said!? I kno this aint Quinton tweetin. I thought u was from Memphis!? Lol...damn u a square

So what do think UG? Does Rampage fight again? Does he become a promoter? And has there been a weirder week lately??!?

Affliction Horror Business Shirt

Affliction Horror Business Shirt

Affliction Sentient Shirt

Affliction Sentient Shirt

tags: Quinton Jackson (detail)  Rampage

Acecool72 site profile image

6/19/14 1:40 PM by Acecool72

Yeah he's cries too much he's only happy when his wining then when starts losing he whines and cries about Mma not having his back they keep matching me with wrestlers

The Governor site profile image

6/19/14 11:23 AM by The Governor

Mma ant giving any thing wtf only made him a millionaire what a fucking cunt at least he don't have to go work 15 hours a day doing real hard work what a fucking wanker

Sprawl'n'Stall site profile image

6/19/14 11:19 AM by Sprawl'n'Stall

Ha ha. Sure buddy. It's just because UGers are racists, right? It has nothing to do with his constant whining against his ex-camps, partner, employers? Not at all related to his constant complaining how he's been wronged for this and that while he's a millionaire MMA star? Nor his bullying ways?Almost everyone here was on his side when he was a funny SOB back in the day, in Pride, slamming people, and especially when his camp left him to rot after the beating he took from Shogun. He was as popular as fighters can be. Since then, he's been a crybaby and nobody likes that.DFW is criticized as few people are here but we all remember that he went all out to save Rampage's ass after his road rampage. Such a victim. Like your post implies. Surely he's another poor victim of whitey's racism...

sadic1 site profile image

6/19/14 11:09 AM by sadic1

When has Rampage ever NOT been considering retirement? I think he's made it very clear in the past that he doesn't like fighting and he HATES training for fights. He's fighting for the money, which is what people are supposed to do.

Blunderhooks site profile image

6/19/14 8:37 AM by Blunderhooks

Wait... Rampage isn't retired yet?

1oldfart site profile image

6/19/14 7:36 AM by 1oldfart

ever since he lost the belt to griffen he has done nothing but whine and cry about eeeeeeeeeverything.go ahead and retire

s98ronin site profile image

6/19/14 4:14 AM by s98ronin

Him beating up Chuck is the best thing that he ever did. I donĀ“t dislike him because he is black either, but rather because he is a spoiled whining fool that thinks that the world owes him...

aimed with V site profile image

6/19/14 4:11 AM by aimed with V

I don't think he can do anything but MMA anyway...I don't see him as a coach/actor/pro-wrestler.Glory maybe? They would pick him up.I'd like to see him against.. Le Banner?

Outlaw'd by Lytle site profile image

6/19/14 4:05 AM by Outlaw'd by Lytle

This side of Rampage sickens me. Where does he think he'd be without 'MMA'?Both the sport and he have served each other well.

CindyO site profile image

6/19/14 3:59 AM by CindyO

My guess is when the cameras aren't rolling.Cindy