Cormier opts for knee surgery

Daniel Cormier is coming off an impressive win over Dan Henderson, and is definitely in the discussion for title consideration. However, with the UFC booking champion Jones versus Alexander Gustafsson, Cormier has opted to go ahead with knee surgery:

Insider Ariel Helwani on Daniel Cormier getting surgery on his knee: Daniel Cormier will have surgery in early July. On morning of UFC 175, he’ll be competing in a final amateur wrestling match at the UFC Fan Expo. After that match, he’ll go under the knife and will be ready for the winner of Jones vs. Gustafsson.”

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Roots of Fight Gracie vs Kimura Shirt

Roots of Fight Gracie vs Kimura Shirt

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

XxLiveBaitxX site profile image

6/20/14 3:02 PM by XxLiveBaitxX

I didn't say it was torn (read my response)ACL work of any kind generally takes longest to heal.

Lazer MMA site profile image

6/20/14 2:51 PM by Lazer MMA

TY man. There a thread on the bet http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2333025/Lazer--Orcus-the-forever-bet/?&page=1I'd rather take his $$$ but he has none at all IMO.

cecils_pupils site profile image

6/20/14 2:07 PM by cecils_pupils

^^^well you know me homey, that's too rich for my blood as I am a family man.  You got some brass balls though making a bet like that with Orcus.  I would hate for you to never post on the UG again, but being the JBJ nuthugger I am I am afraid that is the most likely outcome.  Good luck though man.

Lazer MMA site profile image

6/20/14 2:03 PM by Lazer MMA

I have forever bet (loser never posts on the UG again) with Orcus on DC VS JBJ. Sorry broIn fact I'm trying to get him to accept Gus if he wins VS DC too.Anyway I only do $$$ bets other than that sir ($500 minimum).Ty for your post sir, best of luck

cecils_pupils site profile image

6/20/14 1:53 PM by cecils_pupils

Sup Lazer.  Yes, I am a JBJ nuthugger and proud of it.  I know you are a betting man, and I normally would never consider a screenname bet, but I am dying to prove you wrong on this one. Let's make a screenemae bet on what you said:  if JBJ loses either of his next 2 fights I will change my screename FOREVER to whatever you want.  If he wins his next 2 fights, you only have to change your screenname for 6 months. You gotta like those odds.  Deal?

Lazer MMA site profile image

6/20/14 8:56 AM by Lazer MMA

He'll be ready in Feb or March as author guessed IMO. Also he does NOT have an ACL tear. Only some minor work is being done on ACL. Comical how huggers want to change the timing here, it fuckin great!LOL at JBJ huggers. Your time is ending quick, this will NOT be the first time I've said that to a group of huggers and been proven correct BTW.You have a max of two fights before defeat. Deal

cecils_pupils site profile image

6/20/14 8:38 AM by cecils_pupils

The fight with Cormier will happen in due time.  With Cormier taking the time he needs to fix and rehab his knee so he can;t use that as an excuse when he get destroyed by Jones.

hubris site profile image

6/19/14 3:34 PM by hubris

Jon Jones gets another reprieve from destruction

6ULDV8 site profile image

6/19/14 3:27 PM by 6ULDV8

"Same with Weidman"   What exactly did you mean by that?  That Weidman would also get beat up by Bones?

boneskodaiceman site profile image

6/19/14 3:23 PM by boneskodaiceman

ROTFL@ Gus winning. He's going to be dominated and you guys will forget him just as fast as you crowned him the Great Hope.Same with Weidman.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!