Bigfoot: Barnett is scared of me

by Chris Palmquist |

Earlier this week Josh Barnett revealed he wasn't interested in a bout with Bigfoot Silva, citing that he didn't want to help him in any way, including giving him publicity by smashing his face in. Today Silva responded to that interview:

"I woke up this morning and saw his interview," Silva told MMAFighting.com. "He’s giving excuses because he’s scared. That’s the word. He says he won’t fight me because he doesn’t want to give me name and money with this fight, but the truth is he’s scared.

"I think he should take a look at the rankings. I’m ranked at no. 4 and he’s no. 5. The last guy that beat him got knocked out by me."

Barnett used the F word when referring to "Bigfoot" in the interview, which added more fuel to the fire.

"He crossed a line with his words in that interview," he said. "It was unprofessional, but it was good because he gave me another reason to train hard. I was so pumped up this morning that I went to the gym and trained even more. That’s how I like. If he wasn’t educated by his mother, I’ll teach him a lesson."

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Submission BJJ Belt

Submission BJJ Belt

JAKKS Pacific Exclusive Series 0 (Zero) Frank Mir Action Figure

JAKKS Pacific Exclusive Series 0 (Zero) Frank Mir Action Figure

WidespreadPanic site profile image

7/2/14 4:44 PM by WidespreadPanic

Here's the answer: Bigfoot Silva - Raised by Wolves AND Polar Bears? (shiver) I wouldn't want to fight him without Weller, Lithgow and Goldblum and John Bigboote in my corner. Lithgow at least has some experience with Bigfoot.

Lazer MMA site profile image

6/27/14 9:07 AM by Lazer MMA

I see this as the case in a nutshell. I think there is also a chance (although far from being favored) Bigfoot gets the top position himself, which is no fun for anyone on the bottom.My best guess is enough of the fight remains on their feet as to give Bigfoot a shot. Lack of TRT produces a question for anyone who was on it IMO in addition.If Bigfoot hits him real good, it's a wrap.

THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX site profile image

6/27/14 9:01 AM by THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX

this fight needs to made for the Japan card!

mark of the wolf site profile image

6/27/14 12:56 AM by mark of the wolf

I remember when Josh beat fedor's brother Alex, Alex in an interview was talking a gang of shit about josh.PRIDE use to do these behind the scenes shoots and somewhere on YouTube is a video of Josh catching up with Alex backstage and called him out on his bullshit and Alex looked as if he saw a ghost,basically got punked.Bottom line I seriously doubt josh is scared of anyone

orcus site profile image

6/27/14 12:17 AM by orcus

Josh is faster and a better wrestler but I don't see him subbing Bigfoot. Standing I think Josh has the speed but Bigfoot has the power. Not sure who to pick.

gum989 site profile image

6/26/14 11:59 PM by gum989

Yeah dude. Cain was sooooo lucky for that.

MursSkullForBarnettsThrone site profile image

6/26/14 11:19 PM by MursSkullForBarnettsThrone

I bet that he wouldn't fight in the UFC again, didn't think they would sign a multiple time roider but obviously I was wrong.

DoomFarmer site profile image

6/26/14 11:16 PM by DoomFarmer

Nice fucking screenname. How did betting against Barnett the last time work out for you?

MursSkullForBarnettsThrone site profile image

6/26/14 10:27 PM by MursSkullForBarnettsThrone

Because he has a podcast and does professional wrestling on the side not to mention he is super metal dude!

inf0 site profile image

6/26/14 10:20 PM by inf0

Easter Island is a lonely place

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!