Urijah Faber: I'd fight Dillashaw if he asked me to

TJ Dillashaw has developed into a world champion under the tutelage of Team Alpha Male, Duane Ludwig, and Urijah Faber. Now as the world champion, TJ Dillashaw is potentially in a spot to fight his coach and teammate Urijah Faber down the road, but that's not something Faber would be interested in, well unless TJ's asks him to:

"You know, the only way that fight would happen is if TJ Dillashaw asked me to do it," Faber says.

"The only reason it would happens is if it were something that Dana, Lorenzo, everybody thinks is a must-see and they want to make it worth our while. I don’t necessarily feel like it’s something I want to do. I guess you never rule anything out but it’s not something that I want to do."

Torque Urijah Faber UFC Fox 9 Walkout Shirt

Torque Urijah Faber UFC Fox 9 Walkout Shirt

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

wizekraker owns me, it's not normal site profile image

7/12/14 11:26 AM by wizekraker owns me, it's not normal

I really agree with this, but I also see barao looking to take tj down In the rematch.

Porkchop site profile image

7/11/14 8:35 PM by Porkchop

Muay thai and BJJ together.Or I'd recommend combat sambo because it combines grappling and striking.

Porkchop site profile image

7/11/14 8:34 PM by Porkchop

Yeah I don't necessarily mean he should retire, he has a lot of good fights left in him, I just don't see a belt in his future at 135 or 145 so in that way, I mean he's done. He's done being a legit title challenger I think (unless injuries take out Barao and Cruz).

getgettinsomeread site profile image

7/11/14 8:33 PM by getgettinsomeread

Sorry guys that wasn't for this thread!!

Elias Cepeda site profile image

7/11/14 8:31 PM by Elias Cepeda

Krav Maga. Definitely...

getgettinsomeread site profile image

7/11/14 7:14 PM by getgettinsomeread

I'm also looking for a martial art that's practical for street self defense is it really the best?

Elias Cepeda site profile image

7/11/14 6:29 PM by Elias Cepeda

Well geez, Id hope Assuncao is in the mix, too, considering he was the one who earned a shot at Barao before getting injured and that hes beaten Dillashaw

MasterofMartialArts site profile image

7/11/14 3:13 PM by MasterofMartialArts

This. He HAS to get this fight to the ground. I love Faber but his striking is nowhere near the level of TJ. He's gotta get a hold of him, if he's fast enough.

BigDaddy15 site profile image

7/11/14 3:01 PM by BigDaddy15

I think TJ would school Faber on the standup aspect.

AgedCaviar site profile image

7/11/14 2:50 PM by AgedCaviar

Well the him being done part is a bit much but I definitely feel he sees his student as his best matchup. He's already lost two the other two in the title picture and he trains with the champ so I feel like these statements speak volumes about his lack of confidence in taking out Cruz or Barao. I doubt he's even conscious of it...

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!