Rousey wants to be female version of 'The Rock'

Ronda is the most dominant women's champion ever and has already begun transitioning into a movie star with roles in the Expandables and Entourage movie. Rousey has plenty of time fighting still with the UFC, but believes long time she might have what it takes to be a huge movie star:

"I never thought that being an action movie star was in the cards for me. My agent kept telling me, 'You're going to be the female Rock.' Then I started to believe it could be a reality. I don't half-ass anything. If I'm going to do something, I'm going to do it to be the best in the world at it. A lot of actresses appear in action movies, but there aren't any female action stars. I love Angelina Jolie, but ... it's about believability for me. Milla Jovovich is one of my favorite actresses -- The Fifth Element really opened my eyes, and the Resident Evil franchise was amazing. So definitely a mix of Milla Jovovich and The Rock is what I'm going for. People love chick fights. They love tough, empowered women. And there is a demand. People just don't know it."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

UFC Women\'s Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

UFC Women's Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

tags: Ronda Rousey (detail)  Dwayne Johnson   The Rock   video

Zed Wayne Zed site profile image

7/18/14 3:08 PM by Zed Wayne Zed

Does the Rock poop ten times a day?!That diet.

Telamon site profile image

7/18/14 2:36 PM by Telamon

The Rock actually can act and is likeable by everyone.

Endowedwelter site profile image

7/17/14 3:43 PM by Endowedwelter

Honesty is a great attribute but speaking your mind is a scapegoat to be an asshole usually.

JohnMc1 site profile image

7/17/14 1:50 PM by JohnMc1

Rock is a once in a lifetime phenomenon when it comes to charisma. Back in his Heel days he would he insult the audience and they would still cheer for him and chant his catch phrase with him. Rousey has no charisma. She thinks she does, but she doesn't. If she wasn't dominating her opponents like she does no one would be paying attention to her.

UGCTT4LIFE site profile image

7/17/14 11:17 AM by UGCTT4LIFE

Most of you people obviously never saw the Rock play football....he very clearly matured with time.

YouCantHandleMyRiddum site profile image

7/17/14 11:15 AM by YouCantHandleMyRiddum

How can you not love The Ronda though? She single handedly revolutionized the UFC. She's ambitious, mean, nasty and badass. She isn't boring like 99% of the athletes who give us cookie cutter answers. You have to appreciate someone who speaks her mind.

cool hand Ed site profile image

7/17/14 9:55 AM by cool hand Ed

Rousey and The Rock Rousey fights for real. The Rock pretended to fight to tell a story in the ring.Rousey acts like a child and hates a camera to be in her face. The Rock is arguably the most charismatic WWE personality in the history of the company. The Rock can act. Rousey, most likely, can't. Rousey is female. The Rock is male. So, by my calculations, they are about as opposite as two people can be. Good luck, Ronda. You're going to need it.

kevsh site profile image

7/17/14 9:17 AM by kevsh

There were already 4 Rousey-related stories on the home page, might as well add a 5th.I respect Rousey as a fighter and all of her accomplishments but she's getting just a tad too much exposure here. And by "tad" I mean way too much.

CindyO site profile image

7/17/14 8:38 AM by CindyO

Ha! Voted up! Cybroni is coming for her:)Cindy

bluesville site profile image

7/17/14 7:57 AM by bluesville

She'll be all over a China O'Brien reboot.