White: Conor McGregor reminds me of Ronda Rousey

UFC Fight Night 46 in Dublin, Ireland seems to have birthed the first featherweight star in the UFC in native son Conor McGregor.

Before his fight with Diego Brandao, McGregor said he had a vision.

"I  seem to have the habit of predicting the future," said McGregor. "I have these visions and they seem to come true. I’m never going to doubt them and no one else should, either... I have a clear, clear vision that that gold belt is around my waist by the end of the year... By the end of 2014."

After the fight he spoke of being a two-division champion.

At the post fight press scrum, UFC president Dana White compared McGregor's vision favorably with those of UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey.

"Ronda Rousey has a million visions too," said White as transcribed by Karim Zidan. "She had a vision of her and I meeting and bringing women into the UFC. It is crazy when she talks about things she had visions of and then I listen to him talk now and it is hilarious."

"I like that he's ambitious. He just needs to relax a little bit. I love the things he says. I'm telling you, he reminds me of Ronda Rousey. Him and his visions remind me of Ronda Rousey."

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

Fed site profile image

7/21/14 5:42 PM by Fed

does dana want to fcuk conor aswell?

Vindell site profile image

7/21/14 12:00 PM by Vindell

Dana will say anything to get out of the friendzone. He seriously sounds like a love sick teenager when it comes to Ronda.

Dangerfield site profile image

7/21/14 10:13 AM by Dangerfield

GSP has said on multiple occasions he is missing chunks of time, bad memory problems and if iirc problems with his vision.One example: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ufc-joe-rogan-believes-georges-st-pierre-suffered-190100645--mma.html

JeffersonDArcyChoke site profile image

7/21/14 9:19 AM by JeffersonDArcyChoke

Enough with pretending Ronda is some Hollywood star. Victor Ortiz is in The Expendables 3. Victor Ortiz walks that same red carpet and has done Dancing With a The Stars. He is no gigantic household name because of this. Ronda is an A list WMMA fighter but she isn't a PPV draw nor is she a Hollywood A lister. I swear people here act like she is Jennifer Lawrence deciding to be a pro fighter. As great as she is a fighter and I'll give her all of that as she is a great; she isn't any more A list Hollywood than Gina Carano has become.

n3m site profile image

7/21/14 3:12 AM by n3m

this

Outlaw'd by Lytle site profile image

7/21/14 2:28 AM by Outlaw'd by Lytle

My own view is that 'throwing him under the bus' was a huge exaggeration.Dana was pissed because GSP said he was 'taking a break' whilst champion after a highly dubious victory; and yes he could've handled it better. Still no big deal.It would've been more professional for GSP to discuss this with Zuffa, clarify his intentions and then make an announcement. He kinda threw Zuffa under the bus by taking them by surprise.Dana thought Hendricks won and publicly stated so. He was probably correct and GSP got a little butt hurt. GSP then sulked and acted quite petulant IMO (refusing to talk, snide little comments to the media etc).What is this brain damage you refer to?

The Power Double site profile image

7/21/14 2:15 AM by The Power Double

One single thing that Dana didn't like?I take it you mean the part where he gave the world's worst retirement speech in the cage after the Hendricks fight, which most people think he clearly lost?He blindsided the UFC by retiring after one of MMA's most controversial decisions without even offering a rematch. It was a terrible exit all round and it devalued the belt.

Zed Wayne Zed site profile image

7/21/14 1:27 AM by Zed Wayne Zed

They'll never let me back on here if I make the joke, but Dana, what a softball.LOLOL

zFugitive site profile image

7/21/14 1:03 AM by zFugitive

How does shit like this make the front page of the UG?"Dana says something retarded and irrelevant to anything MMA to promote a fighter" -Front Page UG, READ ALL ABOUT IT!Meanwhile, every other organization/fighter almost never gets on the front page even if an event is coming up.

JuicedBeast site profile image

7/21/14 12:50 AM by JuicedBeast

Connor is likable, Rousey isn't.

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!