Jones details origin of beef with Cormier on Jimmy Kimmel

It's no secret that Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier don't like each other. Champion Jon Jones appeared on the Jimmy Kimmel show last night and explained how it started:

“I had no problem with him at first,” Jones said. “I met him backstage at (UFC 121), and I heard he was an Olympic wrestler, and I wrestled at a junior college and won nationals for junior college, so obviously he probably has an advantage being an Olympic-level wrestler.

“So I go up to him just trying to start conversation, and I’m like, ‘Olympics, huh?’ And he’s like, ‘Yeah, I wrestled in the Olympics.’ I was like, ‘I bet I could take you down any day.’ And he just – I mean, I had no idea he’d be so prideful. He took some serious offense to the fact that I didn’t know who he was initially.”

UFC Ready for Battle Shirt

UFC Ready for Battle Shirt

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

djones site profile image

8/8/14 2:35 PM by djones

I thought the original story had something to do with JBJ cheering for Anderson Silva??? And DC being upset about him not cheering for the American while they sat near each other?

iwatchsomemma site profile image

8/8/14 2:10 AM by iwatchsomemma

DC being the senior is looking so immature as well.Too prideful and appears to love the respect coz of his credentials and will shoot, make that shove, anyone who questions or quips about it.What a big baby...and looks like it.Throw a shoe? lol. What part of that is olympic and 37?DC could have joked back then laugh together and friendship made but noooo, he's too good for that. The man's got a ribbon dammit!Nah, they'd end up like Silva/Machida and Cain/DC.War Bones!!!

Strykr619 site profile image

8/8/14 2:04 AM by Strykr619

You do understand that Jones BYPASSED NCAA DIV 1 and went into the MMA instead right. Stop fucking acting like he was only "just a JC wrestler". They way you just framed your argument right their is already belittling him. DC WAS TALKING SHIT ABOUT JONES even before Jones was champ. Gtfo with that noise. We get it you don't like JBJ and want DC to cum in your mouth. Just don't go and make DC look like some fucking white knight when he showed his Diva ass style with Cummings already. Like I've said in other threads. I'll take a fake ass Jones over a real housewives of orange county Cormier every day of the week. Also I love how DC is ranked number 2 now after he beat a 1 week notice barista and an old man fighting without TRT. Way to shit on your how Light heavyweight Division there UFC rankings mean jack shit.

drjim site profile image

8/7/14 11:45 PM by drjim

That was the one that involved Captain Kirk.

Bisping decisioned my SN site profile image

8/7/14 8:51 PM by Bisping decisioned my SN

Jones is just socially awkward and it comes off the wrong way.

Bisping decisioned my SN site profile image

8/7/14 8:50 PM by Bisping decisioned my SN

That was after Cormier had already been shitting on jones...

cecils_pupils site profile image

8/7/14 8:23 PM by cecils_pupils

Plus, with fans like you who will likely never cut the guy a break, how can he possibly be considered anything but fake?  Personally, I don't give a shit whether he is trying too hard, comes off as fake - don't care.  The guy fucks people up in the cage left and right, no one can match his skills.  Yet because he is young and doesn't really know how to navigate this whole fame thing, fans like you will always hold even the smallest "communications failure" against him, and will always ralley for his opponent. Sad.

ShanTheMan site profile image

8/7/14 8:21 PM by ShanTheMan

Karate chop eh? Must have been a different scuffle

Bisping decisioned my SN site profile image

8/7/14 7:55 PM by Bisping decisioned my SN

I agree it is stupid but they we're joking around when downplaying his accomplishments

Bipolar site profile image

8/7/14 7:07 PM by Bipolar

This is the correct answer. He's trying to fit in and wants to fit in, but truly doesn't know how to. Jones has some developmental and personality integration issues. Mature, healthy and sustained social interaction is impossible for him. And because his awkwardness isn't intentional, I feel very sorry for him. He's relentlessly slammed for behaving in ways that he truly doesn't recognize or know how to avoid. There is bonafide arrested development disorder in his personality.