AJ: 'Reem hurts people 'accidentally on purpose'

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones suffered a torn left meniscus and sprained ankle in training earlier this week, postponing his fight with Daniel Cormier from Sept 27 to Jan 3. Anthony "Rumble" Johnson told Fighters Only that he wasn't surprised when he heard the injury was caused by Alistair Overeem.

Overeem and Johnson were formerly members of the Blackzilians team, and "Rumble" said that he seen 'Reem bully and injure fighters before. In his defense, Overeem is now a member of Jackson's MMA, and coach Greg Jackson said the injury was not intentional, and "just one of those things."

"He did some things here that were like that. But I didn't think he'd take that into Greg Jackson's gym. Not the stuff that happened anywhere else. So that shocked me.

"I just figured when I first heard he was hurt that it was an accident with one of his usual training partners, not some one who's just come in and has hurt him. Greg Jackson says it wasn't on purpose, but I know the man and when he was here he was always hurting somebody. Accidentally on purpose. And it ain't because he's clumsy, he ain't clumsy, he would just hurt you.

"I've seen the guy do it. I've seen him basically bullying and stuff. Now I can't speak on what happened with him and Jon because I wasn't there. They could have been training like pro athletes and really just pushing each other and a freak accident happens. And I hope Jon recovers and comes back stronger. But if it really wasn't an accident, then I feel sorry for Jon and I hope he recovers regardless. But when Overeem is involved, it is what it is.”

However, a witness to the accident, from inside the training cage, confirmed that it was a complete accident. Jon Hamm, a top heavyweight amateur boxer starting out in MMA witnessed what happened, and there was no intent on 'Reem's part.

Never the less, Johnson said he would be happy to take a fight with Overeem if offered to him by Joe Silva. "Rumble" used to compete in the UFC at 170, beat Andrei Arlovski at heavyweight last year, and does not have heavyweight in his long-term plans, but does plan for a couple of fights at that weight.

No Mas Pride Beanie

No Mas Pride Beanie

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

maxbrothersinc site profile image

8/23/14 9:30 AM by maxbrothersinc

Small penis

Harrie Nak site profile image

8/23/14 4:19 AM by Harrie Nak

Pussies. Maybe the US-based teams should move their camps to Holland more often.This is how they train at Glory and Mikes on a daily basis, and especially on Wednesdays (Woensdag Gehaktdag i.e. Making-Mince-Meat-Out-Of-Each-Other-Day).Also, it seems both AJ and Arlovsky are full of shit...https://twitter.com/TimKennedyMMA/status/503000073157242881https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmsportszone/cowboy-cerrone-defends-alistair-overeem-from-andrei-arlovski-and-anthony-johnson

Tio Te site profile image

8/23/14 3:27 AM by Tio Te

If Jon Hamm says there was no malicous intent, then I believe him.

frontrowbrian site profile image

8/23/14 3:04 AM by frontrowbrian

Those Arlovski statements were heat of the moment. Reem and AA were at the gym training together today.

Morpheus1976 site profile image

8/18/14 3:12 PM by Morpheus1976

Arlovski: Overeem injures everyone he trains with!http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2355731/Arlovski-Overeem-injures-everyone-he-trains-with/?pc=43

JoeDingo site profile image

8/17/14 1:26 AM by JoeDingo

Reem is taking over Jackson's MMA

FTUGTT_Mix6APlix site profile image

8/16/14 9:21 PM by FTUGTT_Mix6APlix

Lol at being in limbo. It's actually in the hands of the most dominant champ in MMA.

NatualBornTickler site profile image

8/16/14 9:08 PM by NatualBornTickler

LHW belt is in limbo, AJ's needs another fight, AJ's talks weak smack about overeem, AJ's fought at heavyweight and done well, AJ trained with Overeem, destined to be a stand up war.Ladies and gentleman can we say co-main under Diaz vs Silva. Answer is yes

Rambo John J site profile image

8/16/14 9:01 PM by Rambo John J

I am with the Cackbar on this.Reem is an exiciting HW and THere is no way DFW doesn't want him in the UFC.His price may be high, but that contract doesn't last forever.HW is so skinny Reem, is needed badly.I get the most pumped up for HW fights. Reminds me of the Keggers we used to throw for Tyson Fights.

Bisping decisioned my SN site profile image

8/16/14 8:38 PM by Bisping decisioned my SN

This. Happens all the time even just rolling

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!