Bisping stops Cung Le in fourth round of main event

The main event of UFC Fight Night 48, which took place in Macao, China, featured a middleweight bout between Michael Bisping and Cung Le.

Cung Le Vs. Michael "The Count" Bisping
Fight was scheduled for 5 rounds (5x5x5x5x5)
Name Cung Le <a href=Cung Le" src="http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&rs=100&q=75&x=192&y=21&w=90&h=120&ro=0&s=D3F9C5F2-1D09-6BFC-E50417517CE7806A.jpg" />
Height 5′ 10″ (177.8 cm)
Weight 185 (83.91 kg)
Record 9-2-0
Team American Kickboxing Academy
VS
Name Michael Bisping <a href=Michael Bisping" src="http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&rs=100&q=75&x=0&y=0&w=90&h=120&ro=0&s=5E3092DC-1D09-6BFC-E5501290422F63C1.jpg" />
Height 6′ 1″ (185.42 cm)
Weight 184 (83.46 kg)
Record 24-6-0
Team

-Michael Bisping defeated Cung Le by TKO (Strikes, Round 4, 0:57)

Venum Absolute Thai Pads

Venum Absolute Thai Pads

Venum Sharp Corra Fight Shorts

Venum Sharp Corra Fight Shorts

BooZe site profile image

8/24/14 3:00 PM by BooZe

no lol i get what he means, the fight took a turn after bisping popped that eye. shit went downhill from there. but hey its the fight game.

Zeph site profile image

8/24/14 2:48 PM by Zeph

So what you're saying is that it was an even fight until Bisping punched him in the face? lol ok.

BooZe site profile image

8/24/14 2:18 PM by BooZe

how is that a relevant response to this, please enlighten me?

Xavier Wolfe site profile image

8/24/14 1:34 PM by Xavier Wolfe

This... People saying without that punch it would have been different.Well done, it's a fight, punches happen, Bisping landed a great jab that shut Cung's eye and you use that to discredit his performance? Morons.

RobbieRuthlesslyBatteredMyBrownEye site profile image

8/24/14 8:58 AM by RobbieRuthlesslyBatteredMyBrownEye

You guys are fucking assholes. Now back to my alternate reality. This fight really didn't tell us much about either fighter. The fight was even until an unlucky punch (for Chuck) hit him square on the chin, which changed the entire fight from there out since he had to fight with both eyes closed. Not hating on Rashad or saying he was lucky, but without that the fight would have been a lot different.

JudOWNED site profile image

8/24/14 8:38 AM by JudOWNED

The eye poke (completely legal, from a punch) happened in round one, IIRC. And that decided the fight, IMO. The rest of that round Cung kept backing up and rubbing his eye. The next round it was already swelling shut and he obviously couldn't see plus was in pain from it. He had little chance after that, though iirc he still landed a couple hard shots.I have to say, I always questioned Cung. I remember watching him compete in sanda and thinking either he had cleaned out the division, or was being fed cans. When he switched to mma I figured he'd get exposed, but even when he didn't I figured it was just lower level competition in strike force. But I gotta say I was wrong. He is legit in every way and can clearly hang at the very top levels of mma. And at 42!War Cung!

T1LT site profile image

8/24/14 5:23 AM by T1LT

Bisping boxed him up and you're trying to discredit him because of it. WTF.

PeaceThroughStrength site profile image

8/24/14 4:02 AM by PeaceThroughStrength

You beat me to it Chimp! If you didn't punch me I would've beat you.

ThisIsWhyWeCantHaveNiceThings site profile image

8/23/14 11:00 PM by ThisIsWhyWeCantHaveNiceThings

Worst phone auto-correct ever....

ThisIsWhyWeCantHaveNiceThings site profile image

8/23/14 10:59 PM by ThisIsWhyWeCantHaveNiceThings

People were going to shit on one side however this fight went. Bisping loses and he's still shit, he wins and cunt was too old and past it. Bisping in particular had nothing to gain from it but he took the fight, went out there and put on a great performance. I don't get why people still shit on the guy, he's one of the few fighters left on the roster that is consistently exciting in victory or defeat.

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!