Dos Anjos KOs Henderson in the first

The main event of UFC Fight Night 48 featured a lightweight battle between former champion Benson Henderson and Rafael Dos Anjos.

Rafael dos Anjos was expected  by most to lose Saturday night in the main event of UFC Fight Night 49 in Tulsa. However, you don't know what is going to happen in mixed martial arts, which is why you have the fight.

The Brazilian landed a running knee, stuffed a takedown attempt, and dropped Henderson to the mat.  "Big" John McCarthy stopped it at 2:31 of the first round. Dos Anjos has now won seven of the past eight fights.

"I knew my striking was better than his," said dos Anjos. "I know I had to be patient but I knew I could finish it in the first round. I put my faith in God."

Henderson felt the fight was stopped a little early, but put it into perspective.

"I thought I was clear-headed," said Henderson. "You have the ups and downs. You have to take the good with the bad. That's the way it goes sometimes."

“I’m still a pretty confident guy. I just lost, but my confidence isn’t shaken. I’m still pretty healthy; I don’t know if dos Anjos is pretty healthy."

“So confidence-wise, that isn’t shaken.”

Rafael Dos Anjos Vs. Ben "Smooth" Henderson
Fight was scheduled for 5 rounds (5x5x5x5x5)
Name Rafael Dos Anjos <a href=Rafael Dos Anjos" src="" />
Height 5′ 7″ (170.18 cm)
Weight 155 (70.31 kg)
Record 21-6-0
Name Ben Henderson Ben Henderson
Height 5′ 9″ (175.26 cm)
Weight 175 (79.38 kg)
Record 20-3-0
Team The Lab
-Rafael Dos Anjos defeated Ben Henderson by KO at 2:31 of round one.

TheRealRobinHood site profile image

8/25/14 4:22 AM by TheRealRobinHood

Is Anik making production decisions? Maybe Jon can tell Fox when they should take advert breaks.

Detective Morgan site profile image

8/25/14 2:48 AM by Detective Morgan

What a jackass

ieswideopen site profile image

8/24/14 11:16 PM by ieswideopen

Obviously jebus likes dos anjos, better.

choadler site profile image

8/24/14 11:03 PM by choadler

Many above are saying "but he was only out for a second". Isn't that the point? That is defined by the guidelines of the fight. "Out"= inability to defend ones self, and everyone seens to agree that Ben was indeed out...If he didnt drop his leg that way, id agree w a short stoppage. The fact that Ben went limp was enough for me. RDA really won me over last night. Id also think RDA Kabib is the better fight.

jiujitsumstr site profile image

8/24/14 10:57 PM by jiujitsumstr

Probably because Khabib is sidelined with a knee injury and is out indefinitely?

BooZe site profile image

8/24/14 4:41 PM by BooZe

iwatchsomemma site profile image

8/24/14 4:29 PM by iwatchsomemma

Early stoppage.Didn't even give it a chance to be a war nor a chance to the former champ to show what he's got.

BooZe site profile image

8/24/14 2:28 PM by BooZe

bendo also said in the post fight conference, that he was flash KO'd and fell back and was trying to grab a single leg to cover up and recover. but thats the thing your brain will tell your body something but your body cant answer back. sure it was a tad bit early but why take another 5 seconds of unnecessary punishment when its still going to get stopped. BJM saved him from some damage. he acted quickly and jumped in. but still did a great job. good call by the ref imo

no-gi_JAMES420 site profile image

8/24/14 8:53 AM by no-gi_JAMES420

He got dropped BAD... but I agree waaaayyyy too early, especially for a guy who is known for wars and has never been KO/TKO.

PredatorUK site profile image

8/24/14 8:44 AM by PredatorUK

Yeah he came back around very quick. Big John jumped the gun a little. But it looked like a hard one to call.