Lombard: F@$% the haters

by Kirik Jenness |

UFC welterweight Hector Lombard recently unveiled a new cage name, and an apparel line to go with it - showeather.com/" target="_blank">Showeather.

The hardcore fanbase did not generally speaking feel an immediate connection with the brand, but Lombard is used to criticism.

“Story of my life,” said Lombard to Ben Fowlkes for MMAJunkie. “Since I started doing MMA, I’ve been criticized. But I can’t worry about that. I have to be positive and keep going. F–- the haters.”

“Showeather stands for, ‘I’m ready for any weather. I’m ready to show you all.'"

Lombard addressed another common criticism - that he goes too hard in the gym.

"You see these characters where they go like 'Let's go light, let's go 50%,'" he said. "Then smack they whack you up. The same thing happened to me, every single time they say let's go light, they just beat me up."

The interviewer then asked Lombard if he thinks then that it is other people's fault.

Lombard smiled, and replied "Of course."

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

tags: UFC   Hector Lombard (detail)  showeather

Axel Foley site profile image

21 days ago by Axel Foley

Hect-Lo is the obvious choice here. SnowballerBrofeather

Dougie site profile image

21 days ago by Dougie

Not sure if you mean he should stay at 170 or go to 155? Hector can barely make 170. I think 170 is where he will wreck house once he gets himself sorted out at the weight class. He fought 185 for a while and there wasn't a lot to lose in terms of weight.

Pitbull3744 site profile image

21 days ago by Pitbull3744

I agree but i do feel at WW he has shown us that Bellator Hector.  He made quick work of Nate, and abused shields for 3 rounds and that aint easy.  He also almost kod Okami, and KOD palahares, and had a rough first fight with Tim that i actually thought he won.     He does look to be MUCH smaller muscle wise.

ausgepicht site profile image

21 days ago by ausgepicht

While I agree with the sentiment "Fuck the Haters" it's really not headlines. MMA journalists and editors should be ashamed when they turn stuff like this into a headline.Anyhow, I wish Lombard could translate his destructiveness that he had on the regular at Bellator to the UFC. He was getting a Tyson-esque aura about him at Bellator. Then kind of had some flat performances at the UFC. Yes, the UFC is much more competitive and has higher skill, but he is capable of rising to the level. I think he has too much muscle and should drop down. It would help him get that aura back.

Ch1ef site profile image

21 days ago by Ch1ef

Something got lost in translation.

peppo site profile image

21 days ago by peppo

The nickname doesn't make any sense, it's hard to pronounce and it doesn't flow with his real name. Must be top 5 worst nicknames in MMA history, period.

Dougie site profile image

21 days ago by Dougie

I don't really care for the nickname, but so what? He can call himself whatever, I just want to see him fight. When he is on, he's on. The clothing line however, I am disappointed in. They just took a logo and put it on some clothes. Not that there is anything wrong with it but it's not really creative. On top of that, I kind of expected it to be mma based clothing, which it isn't. So my 2 cents is, 1) Could care less about nickname. 2) Want to see Hector fight. 3) Clothing line is a let down.

Newbie14 site profile image

21 days ago by Newbie14

Hector "Mi carro tiene good tires,haters" Lombard

moss_4h site profile image

22 days ago by moss_4h

lombardo obviously has powder in butt..

rbl site profile image

22 days ago by rbl

Chango is a voodoo god also I think.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!