Rockhold: Cheaters and their fans can go to...

by Kirik Jenness |

In May of 2013 Vitor Belfort knocked out former Strikeforce champion Luke Rockhold via spinning headkick. At the time Belfort was on Testosterone Replacement Therapy, which has since been banned. Further, Belfort has run afoul of PED tests before and since. For the past several months Rockhold has repeatedly criticized Belfort, suggesting for example that he would not even make the scheduled title fight with middleweight champion Chris Weidman at UFC 181 on December 6.

“You know Vitor Belfort is coming off the TRT, training for Weidman, there is probably a high chance that he gets injured," said Rockhold as transcribed by Rory Kernaghan for LowKick. "Maybe he is clean, but maybe he tries to take something and gets caught. Steroids keep you intact, and he's probably so frail from the steroids and he will just break. You see these guys come off the steroids and they are just so fragile.”

Belfort retorted pointedly.

"That playboy is still in shock from the kick. He’s in shock," said Vitor. "A lot of guys they are just mama’s boys with powder in their butts."

Rockhold did not bite his tongue.

"At least I don't have steroids in my butt," said Rockhold to Anton Tabuena for BE. "That's pretty much what I got to say about Vitor. Powder on my butt is a lot better than steroids in it. I'm not a cheater and Vitor has been caught multiple times so I've got no respect for him."

"His fans that want to say that I'm bitching, well I'm not complaining because I lost. I think the loss is the best thing that ever happened to me. It is what it is, but it's the fact that the got caught for steroids after, that's the issue. If you didn't get caught for steroids, I wouldn't be talking, but he did."

"Guys are still cheating, but we'll see how it ends up. I would love this sport to get blood tested. That's the only way to really find these guys too who are using HGH and all these other things. I'm not a fan of cheaters, straight up, and their fans can go... Well, you know."

"I'm not a big fan of people who like cheaters and don't have respect for the sport. If you don't like a clean sport and call yourself a fan, I feel bad for you."

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

tags: UFC   Luke Rockhold (detail)  Vitor Befort

Game of Jones site profile image

8/28/14 8:40 AM by Game of Jones

Vtfu

NatualBornTickler site profile image

8/28/14 8:37 AM by NatualBornTickler

tres_equis_666 site profile image

8/28/14 8:17 AM by tres_equis_666

Had a chance to have a chat with him in Macau last weekend, real nice guy.I asked him about Vitor and it seems like they really hate each other and there's no wolf tickets involved

DaemonDragon site profile image

8/28/14 1:54 AM by DaemonDragon

Rockhold really, really, really needs to let this go.I mean at first it was just like "reporters keep asking him about it, he's answering". But at this point it's clear he's just obsessed.TRT was legal when they fought so Vitor wasn't cheating. Vitor didn't pop over the levels for that fight.And I guarantee a large number of Rockhold's closest fighter friends are roiding. Does he consider his boys not to be "real fighters"?If one of Rockhold's friends popped for roids I doubt he'd even care, this is just him being bitter about a loss. To a guy who was taking TRT legally. I mean come on, it's just getting ridiculous.Rockhold is not doing himself any favors bringing this up non-stop.

C0NAN site profile image

8/28/14 1:11 AM by C0NAN

You're a scumbag. The whole point of the rules is to have a safer competition with normal, organic humans. If you want less inhibited violence to join the military and get shot at. This is a sport with rules.

redbluff site profile image

8/28/14 12:33 AM by redbluff

What AWdub saysCockhold should start a Christian MMA fight league.LMFAO

AWdub site profile image

8/27/14 10:43 AM by AWdub

Why wouldn't fans accept PEDs? Personally I don't give a rats ass what athletes put in their body if it helps entertain me. I'd rather see monster Overeem that owns Brock vs the soft Overeem that gets KO'D by Bigfoot. I'd rather see jacked wheel kick vitor than soft get kicked in the head vitor. Come on now.

PoopDooper site profile image

8/26/14 9:59 PM by PoopDooper

Agreed

Phisher site profile image

8/26/14 9:52 PM by Phisher

I'm on Rockhold's side, but he needs to cool it with this shit. Nobody likes a broken record.

I LOVE DIAZ  (no homo) site profile image

8/26/14 9:50 PM by I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)

lol, as if he's ever been off steroids.

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!