Bisping: ‘No excuses’ for loss to Belfort

Sunday, January 20, 2013

“I have no excuses,” Bisping said in his UFC on FX 7 post-fight speech. “I had a fantastic training camp, and I felt very confident that I was going to win this fight. It was a beautiful kick. He caught me. Listen, he was a better man than me tonight.”

Throughout his most recent rise to the top of the division, Bisping had gone from a reviled Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)-manufactured star to a likeable, funny and viable contender. Sure, the Bisping Hate Club will still have strong membership regardless of his exploits inside the Octagon, but it was safe to say he was beginning to finally turn the corner, warming up to fight fans who previously couldn’t tolerate his shtick.

In the wake of his most recent loss, it would appear that Bisping’s surging popularity is the silver lining in an otherwise devastating result. One from which the 33-year-old promises to rebound again and climb his way back to the top of the contender ladder.

“You win some, you lose some,” he said. “I am not going away. Trust me, I’ll be back at the top of this pile before you fucking know it.”

read entire article…