Brett Rogers arrested again on warrant
Brett Charles Rogers, who pleaded guilty last month to assaulting his wife in June, was arrested this morning on an outstanding warrant.
Rogers, 30, pleaded guilty in September to felony third-degree assault after a late June incident in which Rogers’ wife suffered injuries to her face, ear, neck and back and lost a tooth.
A warrant for Rogers’ arrest was issued Sept. 30 after he failed to comply with conditions of his pre-sentence release. He turned himself in to police at 6 a.m. Monday.
It was the third warrant issued for Rogers since he was initially arrested in June. The first warrant, issued in mid-September, was revoked after it turned out to be the result of scheduling confusion among court officials; a second warrant was issued several weeks later after authorities said Rogers violated a protection order against his wife.
Rogers’ wife told authorities in June that the assault was her fault and reportedly refused to testify against him. She told police that she didn’t want him charged with assault, because she didn’t want to “cause him trouble” with his job, according to the criminal complaint.
After he was charged, Rogers’ contract with Strikeforce was terminated. However, it was announced in early September that Rogers was set to return to the sport, and he told 5thRound.com he was “confident” that the charges would be dropped.
Rogers lost to Eddie Sanchez on Sept. 23 in his fighting comeback in the Titan Fighting Championship.
Rogers’ sentencing is scheduled for Nov. 30. He faces a maximum penalty on the assault conviction of five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.