Brett Rogers signs with Bellator
Former Strikeforce heavyweight Brett Rogers will make his Bellator debut on June 22, though an opponent for him has yet to be finalized.
The 31-year-old Rogers has lost four of his last six after starting his career a perfect 10-0. He also was arrested twice within the last year, once for an assault stemming from a domestic incident with his wife, and the other for failure to comply with the conditions of his pre-sentencing release.
“Over the past year I have been challenged in my personal life, but all is now good in the Rogers family,” he said. “Everyone makes mistakes in life but it’s how you recover that really counts. I spend every day with my wife and kids and enjoy every minute of it. Fighting is my job and I love it, but I also love my family and that’s why I made things right before returning to the cage. All I can say is get ready for a new and improved Brett Rogers.”
“… After talking to Brett at length, I think this could be the type of fresh start he needs to put his fighting career and other parts of his life back to where he hoped they would be,” said Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney.