‘Cowboy’ Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis targeted for Jan. 26th UFC event
A long-anticipated fight between lightweight contenders Anthony Pettis (15-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and Donald Cerrone (19-4 MMA, 6-1 UFC) is nearly set.
Sources close to the promotion told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the fighters are targeted to meet at a UFC event on Jan. 26, possibly UFC on FOX 6.
A venue for the event could not be confirmed at the time of this writing, though sources said Chicago is one candidate.
Two of the top 155-pound fighters in the UFC, Pettis and Cerrone previously were targeted for UFC 150, which took place Aug. 11 at Denver’s Pepsi Center. However, a shoulder injury and subsequent surgery forced Pettis to withdraw from the fight.