Daniel Cormier: ‘I wish somebody would have told me’
The news that a second straight event has been scrapped by Strikeforcewhich was announced in a joint Strikeforce/Showtime press release, immediately angered heavyweight headliner Daniel Cormier, who had been training and anticipating an opponent switch.
“I wish somebody would have told me something,” he told MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani. “This is unbelievable. I’m very upset. I just want to be informed. That’s all. I don’t think that’s asking for too much.”
Strikeforce has not produced a card since August 18, but with the possibility of returns from Melendez and Rockhold, the probability of a Cormier fight and most of the rest of the roster being available, the broadcast partners expect to put on a major event next time out.