FUEL 2102 fastest growing cable channel in USA
FUEL TV recently sent out a press release trumpeting extraordinary growth, fueled of course by the leading brand in the world’s fastest growing sport.
FUEL TV crushed 2012. For the year, the network finished as the number-one ad-supported cable network in year-to-year percentage growth among households, total viewers and men 18-49 during total day and prime time, according to figures released by Nielsen Media Research. In 2012, prime time viewership increased +164% compared to 2011, while the network’s total day viewership grew +122% vs. 2011. Compared to the equivalent time period in 2011, FUEL TV’s viewership increased for an unprecedented 53 consecutive weeks and 12 straight months.
“2012 has been an incredible year for FUEL TV and we are excited to see the extraordinary viewership growth month after month,” says George Greenberg, Executive Vice President and General Manager, FUEL TV. “Driven by the power of the Ultimate Fighting Championship® and its passionate and loyal fan base, we have seen unbelievable increases in all demos throughout the year. We know the trend will continue in 2013. The UFC product is without a doubt the major league of MMA and you cannot find this quality of fights anywhere else.”
With the start of the larger seven-year rights deal between the FOX Sports Media Group and the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC®), FUEL TV kicked off 2012 with a 24-hour marathon of UFC® programing on January 1 and the viewership increases were immediate. Throughout the year, the network became the de facto home of the sport, hosting more UFC® programming than any network has ever offered.
In 2012, FUEL TV telecast 31 live UFC® Weigh-in and Postfight shows, nine live Prelims, and six live UFC ON FUEL TV Fights. In addition, the network showed a mix of additional UFC® news, highlight and lifestyle programming. The UFC® content supercharged FUEL TV’s viewership and complemented the network’s mix of motocross, boxing and adrenaline-fueled sports and entertainment programming.
The year ended on a particularly strong note, with December ending as the network’s third most-watched month of prime time and fourth most-watched month ever. A UFC® Holiday Knockout marathon on December 25 delivered the sixth most-watched day in network history.
Additional Audience Highlights:
· Boosted by UFC ON FUEL TV 2, Saturday, April 14 was the most-watched day in network history;
· The network recorded its most-watched prime time and most-watched program ever on Wednesday, February 15 with the live broadcast of UFC ON FUEL TV 1;
· The highest quarter-hour viewership peak occurred on Saturday, August 4, during the final quarter-hour of the live Prelims for UFC ON FOX 4;
· In the fourth quarter of 2012, FUEL TV’s Total Viewers were up +138% and M18-49 up +167% versus the fourth quarter of 2011;
· Prime time for the fourth quarter of 2012 finished up +150% on Total Viewers and +117% among M18-49 compared to the same quarter in 2011;
· December 2012 was up +163% in Total Viewers and +100% in M18-49 vs. December 2011;
· Prime finished up +186% on Total Viewers and +133% among M18-49 compared to December 2011.
Extensive UFC® coverage continues in January with FUEL TV telecasting the live Weigh-in, Prelims and Postfight shows for UFC ON FX 7: BELFORT VS. BISPING on Saturday, January 19; and the Weigh-ins and Postfight shows for UFC ON FOX 6 on Saturday, January 26.
For a complete listing of FUEL TV shows, go to: FUEL.tv.